Jim
1664569606499.png

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
First, I'm not a fan of street circuits, but this one is probably my favorite. That being said, I didn't get all that excited about the position changes or the times falling. It was the intensity of the drivers not knowing where and where they would not have grip. I was watching some Vettel onboard when he went to softs in Q2 and he was so tentative to apply throttle. Halfway down the straight you could hear the tires spin up.

Listening to MV whine, that was great.

But for some reason the thing that brought me the most enjoyment from the qualifying? Seeing Felipe Massa in Ferrari's garage.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
THESE GREEDY MICKEY MOUSE MOTHERFUCKERS.

Woke up this morning, booted up my xbox and loaded the ol espn app up, went to the F1 section, tried to load FP3 , and get "THIS IS NOT PART OF YOUR TV PACKAGE" .......................come again? Turned the xbox off, went to my tv, loaded up my DVR folder, no FP3, no Quali was recorded............ the FUCK. Brough the guide up, scrolled down to ESPN, and see "ESPN IS NOT AVAILABLE"

APPARENTLY, since Disney owns ESPN, they've been hitting every provider up for fee increases lately, and Dish Network notoriously does not play that shit, so they have no problems removing channels when they get strong armed like this. They're claiming Disney is hitting them up for a BILLION dollar increase.

dave-chappelle-you-disgust-me.gif

Sooooooooo. Enjoy the race this weekend boys.

SpeedSpeak2me SpeedSpeak2me are you still using F1 TV to watch races?

• Wow
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

Woke up this morning, booted up my xbox and loaded the ol espn app up, went to the F1 section, tried to load FP3 , and get "THIS IS NOT PART OF YOUR TV PACKAGE" .......................come again? Turned the xbox off, went to my tv, loaded up my DVR folder, no FP3, no Quali was recorded............ the FUCK. Brough the guide up, scrolled down to ESPN, and see "ESPN IS NOT AVAILABLE"

APPARENTLY, since Disney owns ESPN, they've been hitting every provider up for fee increases lately, and Dish Network notoriously does not play that shit, so they have no problems removing channels when they get strong armed like this. They're claiming Disney is hitting them up for a BILLION dollar increase.

I am. I back it up with recording to the DVR, but typically delete the recordings.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

Thatā€™s how I felt about BEIN sports and Comcrap when they did that to MotoGP

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Ordered the 4k fire stick max this afternoon from amazon, went outside to wash my bmw and it was delivered before I even finished washing the car. What a time to be alive!!

That said, with that fire stick, and some assistance from a generous anonymous good samaritan, I was able to watch quali tonight. Man that looked like fun!! So much drifting and spin turns!! I really have missed this track. God watching some of those onboards, especially with max, every time a car would step out I was audibly "ooh!!"-ing :LOL:

COULD be an interesting race tomorrow.

As for the F1TV experience, I haven't messed around much with it, I will say the video quality is fantastic. ESPN's app quality has always been good too, but this just looks that tiny bit better. Likely because it plays in dolby vision on the fire stick. Had some random dips in quality here and there, but you get that anywhere really.

Its lookin like this will probably be the way. Unless Dish finds a billion dollars in their couch cushions soon.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Ordered the 4k fire stick max this afternoon from amazon, went outside to wash my bmw and it was delivered before I even finished washing the car. What a time to be alive!!

That said, with that fire stick, and some assistance from a generous anonymous good samaritan, I was able to watch quali tonight. Man that looked like fun!! So much drifting and spin turns!! I really have missed this track. God watching some of those onboards, especially with max, every time a car would step out I was audibly "ooh!!"-ing :LOL:

COULD be an interesting race tomorrow.

As for the F1TV experience, I haven't messed around much with it, I will say the video quality is fantastic. ESPN's app quality has always been good too, but this just looks that tiny bit better. Likely because it plays in dolby vision on the fire stick. Had some random dips in quality here and there, but you get that anywhere really.

Its lookin like this will probably be the way. Unless Dish finds a billion dollars in their couch cushions soon.
Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

• Haha
Reactions: IDAFC21

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

Thread Info