FS: Dell Inspiron Laptop, needs a HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got fed up with this computer and bought myself a macbook pro. This is a "mechanics special" sort of computer.

Bad: needs power cord (will not charge the battery but will keep the computer running), HD is fuxored.

Exact Model is Dell i15-156B

Specs:
-15.6" High definition widescreen display
-Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor T3400, 2.16 GHz, 667 MHz FSB
-3GB RAM
-Built in wireless
-DVD+/-RW drive
-Built in SD card reader
-3 USB ports
-VGA output.

Just needs a hard drive and power adapter to be a decent computer. Im tired of this thing, just trying out a mac to see how that fares.

$200 and its yours. :io:

Last edited:

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
so, i might be a moron. I couldnt get this thing to boot to save its life last week. I just turned the computer on and it started right up. WTF. Formatting the drive and its still for sale. Raising the price since it works.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Same thing happened to mine. You had to wait for the computer to completely discharge ALL power. A trick I think is to hold the power button down for like a minute unplugged, with the battery out, then plug the fucker back in the wall. Same thing happened to my piece of shit laptop, but I still can't get it to run.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I punched my last CPU, and went to BB, and they offered me a warrenty on the new one I was buying and I asked if they covered me punching it? :rofl:

Word to the wise, They do, You just can't tell them that you punched it.

If you punch it, say a cup was dropped on it, or it fell off the table... So long as YOU WORD IT AS AN ACCIDENT, they will honor their warranty from 'what I've been told' ;-)

It is up to the 'agents discretion' (So basically if you tell an agent that you punch it, they will say its not covered as its abuse, if you say a neighbor kid threw a baseball threw your window and it hit it, they will say its covered). Money well spent if you get angry often.

ALSO, the BEST LOOP HOLE OF THEM ALL:

If you want a new laptop, and your ACCIDENTAL warranty is about to expire, Spill Milk on it 'by accident'

Milk is labeled as a Biohazard by the time it makes it to the service center, and they will not/can not, repair it, and have to replace it by the terms of the policy. :bowrofl:

By on the record, I was told this by a friend. :smile:

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Word to the wise, They do, You just can't tell them that you punched it.

If you punch it, say a cup was dropped on it, or it fell off the table... So long as YOU WORD IT AS AN ACCIDENT, they will honor their warranty from 'what I've been told' ;-)

It is up to the 'agents discretion' (So basically if you tell an agent that you punch it, they will say its not covered as its abuse, if you say a neighbor kid threw a baseball threw your window and it hit it, they will say its covered). Money well spent if you get angry often.

ALSO, the BEST LOOP HOLE OF THEM ALL:

If you want a new laptop, and your ACCIDENTAL warranty is about to expire, Spill Milk on it 'by accident'

Milk is labeled as a Biohazard by the time it makes it to the service center, and they will not/can not, repair it, and have to replace it by the terms of the policy. :bowrofl:

By on the record, I was told this by a friend. :smile:

no you werent.... you worked there.. thats how you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info