• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Fing Around in the SS

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Not bad....I like that spot you foung.....where is it or is it a hidden spot you like to keep? (overpass)

The bridge is 53. Its a road that runs parallel to Northwest highway, near Arlington Park Racetrack. Im surprised to see someone making a video in this location, that road is in horrible condition.

Bones

Don't call me late for dinner!!!
Dec 29, 2009
Nw Burbs
I hope that burnout wasnt ur new tires!! Shit sounds nice though.

Haha no way. This is video from 2009. I had shitty Sumi's on the car so I didn't care. I hated those tires, but they were nice to f around in because I didn't care about the cost. But with my BFGs now I'm a little more conservative haha.

I love my Loudmouth, love the rasp also, scares the shit out of everything around me. It's my defensive mechanism against old people. :) Plus when I'm messing around with all the fart cans I like to be able to hear myself, better yet have them hear me over their cars. I bought the car with the Borlamouth and I just hated that muffler. It was very quiet and coming from a cammed LT1 with a Borla system my LS1 sounded like stock exhaust. I needed something loud again. So doing the cheap way out for now I did the LM1. All I had to change was the muffler. Eventually I want to go back to a TRUE borla catback and install Kooks headers as well, but having the T-56 shit out on me last summer ate up all the funds. FLT and FLP took care of me though and I'm back for round 2. :) Right now I'm getting ready to order UMI sfcs, Panhard bar and LCAs. :)

The bridge is 53. Its a road that runs parallel to Northwest highway, near Arlington Park Racetrack. Im surprised to see someone making a video in this location, that road is in horrible condition.
Yeah we went there to take pictures, if you saw I wasn't really racing it under there. ;)

transmaxed

TCG Elite Member
Jun 23, 2008
Palatine
Real Name
Matt
I don't understand people that claim to "love" rasp. It's a horrible sound I don't know how people can stand it. There is a difference between loud, and raspy. Loud is cool, raspy is the complete opposite. But whatever floats your boat, I'd be willing to bet you will grow to hate the rasp in no time. I wouldn't trade my Magnaflow cat-back and flowmaster merged y-pipe for anything.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
I don't understand people that claim to "love" rasp. It's a horrible sound I don't know how people can stand it. There is a difference between loud, and raspy. Loud is cool, raspy is the complete opposite. But whatever floats your boat, I'd be willing to bet you will grow to hate the rasp in no time. I wouldn't trade my Magnaflow cat-back and flowmaster merged y-pipe for anything.

I agree with the magnaflow but i also disagree. GMMG sounds AMAZING!!!! If you haven't heard it before check out Stkorn's SS

Bones

Dec 29, 2009
Nw Burbs

I barely drive my car, just on summer weekends, doesn't bother me. I hate magnaflows tho, there just way too quiet and personally I don't like the tone of it, not much there imo. I LOVE Borla and GMMG tho. I want to switch to a Borla catback ultimately. Just rather spend the cash on suspension right now, which I have. I won't see any gain from swapping catbacks. Guess I'll have to find someone selling a used one or wanting to switch.

Bones

Dec 29, 2009
Nw Burbs
what do you consider full bolt ons?

Um basics? :D SLP lid, LS6 intake, full exhaust, suspension. I ordered a umi package of LCAs, Panhard bar and SFCs the other day from ws6store so "technically" it's not on the car haha but it is in the mail. Not like I wrote that on the video tho. But that's what I and everyone else I've seen on LS1tech consider full bolt ons. Not sure what else could be done as far as bolt ons go??? Maybe a couple other parts I'm not thinking of.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info