Gaming Nerds.. step in: Best Gaming monitor??

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
What games are you going to play? FPS, RTS, MOBA, etc?

Edit: and is this for your PS4 or are you building/do you have a PC?

It is for a PS PRO with a SSD.

I figure, top of the line (literally that I can get at the house) internet, top of the line gaming console (pro) and top of the line hard drive (SSD), the only bottleneck is literally the monitor.

So i know I dont need 144hz as the PS4 PRO only maxes (and pretty much locked) at 60fps. doing it more for the 4k goodness, and the quicker response time.

side note, is a special 4k style HDMI cable even needed? or is that just snake oil and the regular HDMI cables will do fine?

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Depending on how old your HDMI cable is, you might need to get a new one. 2.0 is capable of 4k@60, 1.4 (I think was the iteration before) can do 4k@24/30, iirc.

I'm a HUGE BenQ nutswinger. Been using them for 4? years or so now. Went from 1080p 60hz monitor from them to a 1080p 144hz and I've loved both of them. Here's a few of them that meet your criteria:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078HWN5CX/?tag=tcg21-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078HWBGH5/?tag=tcg21-20

Looks like the 28 is a 1ms response and the 32 is a 4ms response, both w/ built in speakers (although I would recommend getting externals, almost anything external will be a better sound quality than built in speakers).

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I know dick about monitors. :rofl: I got a 24 inch Asus with IPS display and 5-4MS response in 1080. Cause it was less than $100.

Id mirror what Wombat said though. Ive heard nothing but good things about BenQ. They advertise the shit out of them when watching Street Fighter tournaments.

I eventually want to try a 1440P and use displayport but for now Ill rock what I got.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info