• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Forbes suggests Ford is Bestest Ford is Fastest

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Got a bit tired of all the GM Swinging, so:

http://www.forbes.com/2011/04/13/mercedes-gm-chrysler-nissan-business-autos-worst-cars.html

Cadillac Escalade (Base Model)
Listed Among: Consumer Reports Worst Value, Consumer Reports Highest Costs of Ownership, Consumer Reports Worst Safety Performance

Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid
Listed Among: Consumer Reports Worst Value, Consumer Reports Worst Safety Performance, Consumer Reports Least Reliable

Dodge Nitro SLT
Listed Among: Consumer Reports Worst Value, Consumer Reports Worst Cars, Consumer Reports Least Reliable, Consumer Reports Worst Fuel Economy

Dodge Dakota
Listed Among: Consumer Reports Highest Costs of Ownership, Consumer Reports Least Reliable

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Listed Among: Consumer Reports Worst Value, Consumer Reports Worst Cars, Consumer Reports Least Reliable

Mercedes-Benz S550
Listed Among: Consumer Reports Worst Value, Consumer Reports Highest Costs of Ownership, Consumer Reports Worst Fuel Economy

Chrysler Town & Country
Listed Among: Consumer Reports Highest Costs of Ownership, Consumer Reports Least Reliable

Chevrolet Colorado
Listed Among: Consumer Reports Worst Safety Performance, Consumer Reports Least Reliable

Chevrolet Aveo/Aveo5
Listed Among: Consumer Reports Worst Cars, Consumer Reports Least Reliable, Consumer Reports Worst Fuel Economy

Jeep Liberty/Jeep Liberty Sport
Listed Among: Consumer Reports Least Reliable, Consumer Reports Worst Fuel Economy

Nissan Titan
Listed Among: Consumer Reports Least Reliable, Consumer Reports Worst Fuel Economy

Smart ForTwo
Listed Among: Consumer Reports Worst Cars, Consumer Reports Least Reliable
Note: This listing includes the Smart Fortwo coupe and the Fortwo Passion coupe, the later being a version of the Fortwo that offers interior upgrades and a sunroof. The drivetrain of each is the same.

But with three exceptions--the Mercedes-Benz S550, Smart Fortwo and Nissan Titan--all of the cars on this year's list of the Worst Cars on the Road are (still) made by domestic companies. That includes the Dodge Dakota, Chevy Tahoe Hybrid and Chrysler Town & Country. The only American car company with zero vehicles on the list? Ford.

We should note that the Mercedes S550 is the only vehicle that qualified for our list because of a high cost of ownership, low fuel efficiency and a low rating for overall value, not because of any problems with reliability, safety or performance, which affected every other vehicle in the top 10.
Doug Betts, Chrysler's senior vice president of quality, says the Consumer Reports tests don't reflect the latest, most up-to-date vehicles the company is currently manufacturing. The cars and trucks Chrysler has coming off the line now are far better than cars made even last year, he said in a statement about the reports.

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
BeatDeadHorse.gif

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Come on, it’s nice to see an American company succeeding by building a good product, making good management decisions, and listening to their customers. The other two car companies in Detroit should learn something.

I don't disagree with that. Except for My Ford Touch, which is the biggest pile of user interface garbage since the original iDrive. Putting that in the Taurus with old people is a recipe for a law suit.

Would like to see the Ford section brought back too so there's a place for all the circle jerking.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I don't disagree with that. Except for My Ford Touch, which is the biggest pile of user interface garbage since the original iDrive. Putting that in the Taurus with old people is a recipe for a law suit.

Would like to see the Ford section brought back too so there's a place for all the circle jerking.

I've never played around with MFT. It looks cool on paper, but if you are saying it's as bad as the original iDrive....that's bad!

Das, I'm sorry but GM has a much larger fleet of vehicles and selection compared to Ford. Why don't we compare the number of GM vehicles not on the list to the number of Ford vehicles? Not sticking up for GM, just saying. I could be wrong tho, I really don't pay attention to the number of Ford vehicles on the market now so Ford fans don't attack me right off the bat cause I am admitting now I have no stats to back up what I said...

But honestly after being on this forum for long enough I hate all cars now the same. That's what it has done to me. I honestly can't pick a side anymore cause both sides are so ignorant that they both piss me off to the point of a headache. Here's an idea, they're all (yes, I'm talking GM and Ford) pieces of shit and break down at random times that are unexpected. Who the fuck cares. The way I look at it now, if you're supporting America, then fuck yeah. Let's all just get along.

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
It wasn't on the list because it was a bad car, just because it is very expensive to own. Lucky for you, they become quite reasonable in price used.

:rofl: maybe one day...
from a monetary standpoint, it seems like it would be a terrible decision to buy even a used big-body benz. I would feel like such a 30k-millionaire :rofl:
For now, ill just continue to live vicariously through my friend and occasionally drive hers (the one we brought to lukes last year) :hs:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I've never played around with MFT. It looks cool on paper, but if you are saying it's as bad as the original iDrive....that's bad!

It's unfortunate because all the awesome changes they made to the 2013 Taurus are pretty much negated by touch my ford. I've used it in the Edge, Explorer and one of the Lincolns. It's slow, unresponsive, hard to read and use plus there aren't manual controls for things like the heated seats. It's all digital and requires at least two screens to use.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info