Forum Register TCG Mobile Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > The Garage > TCG Technical > The Blue Oval

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TCG Member 5219

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 08:57 AM   #1
 
ChiLAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,198
Casino cash: $10687472
0.52 per day
Default DD-friendly exhaust

I've done some research, but it's hard to tell from Youtube videos what exhaust sounds loud/good/whatever. Basically the stock exhaust is way too quiet, I miss my SRT4's volume (not tone) in that I could shift without having to check the tachometer every time to make sure I wasn't bogging the car down. The only real quality it needs to have, is that it needs to start up pretty quietly, the girlfriend's neighbor's van has a sensitive alarm on it. When I had the turboback on the Neon it went off everytime I pulled in the driveway or started the car. I hear GT500 mufflers give you a little more volume up top, while staying pretty quiet while putzing around town. Probably looking just to stay with an axleback setup for price and warranty concerns, unless you guys have a different suggestion. Anybody in the area have an axleback I could hear in person possibly?
__________________
'14 Evo X GSR
ChiLAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:03 AM   #2
 
TCG Member 5219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,450
Casino cash: $51139698
2.38 per day
Default

GT500s. The 11/12 ones. I have a set probably coming off my car I will sell you for say $220. They are over $300 new. Mine have 2400 miles on them. Perfect 4" tips. They have the great growl, and medium volume but no drone.
ChiLAX likes this.
TCG Member 5219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:29 PM   #3
 
ChiLAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,198
Casino cash: $10687472
0.52 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXMustang View Post
GT500s. The 11/12 ones. I have a set probably coming off my car I will sell you for say $220. They are over $300 new. Mine have 2400 miles on them. Perfect 4" tips. They have the great growl, and medium volume but no drone.
Alright well just let me know, I'd like to get it done by the time it gets nice out.
ChiLAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:58 PM   #4
 
TCG Member 5219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,450
Casino cash: $51139698
2.38 per day
Default

Got to get mine off first. Let you know the second that happens.
TCG Member 5219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:17 AM   #5
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,776
Casino cash: $26039500
0.87 per day
Default

I like hearing where the engine is at as well instead of looking at the tach sometimes, the BOSS H pipes work great for that. Best part is you can switch out the discs (you can get them in varying diameters) to change the volume in ten minutes' time. Also, it's dumping much closer to your ear so the outside volume doesn't have to be as loud as it would be if you were trying to hear what's coming out the back of your car.

GT500s are some of the best ABs for this car (considering price, they're IMO the best and do well with catless setups), but just adding those might not help you hear as much as you want. I got the RTR ABs which are a bit louder than the GT500s, but I still couldn't hear well enough for my liking. The BOSS H cured that. Sounds like you're staying catted too, so the BOSS H wouldn't be obnoxious, but again, there are discs you can put in there to control the volume.

Just my $.02.
ragingclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:29 AM   #6
 
TCG Member 5219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,450
Casino cash: $51139698
2.38 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I like hearing where the engine is at as well instead of looking at the tach sometimes, the BOSS H pipes work great for that. Best part is you can switch out the discs (you can get them in varying diameters) to change the volume in ten minutes' time. Also, it's dumping much closer to your ear so the outside volume doesn't have to be as loud as it would be if you were trying to hear what's coming out the back of your car.

GT500s are some of the best ABs for this car (considering price, they're IMO the best and do well with catless setups), but just adding those might not help you hear as much as you want. I got the RTR ABs which are a bit louder than the GT500s, but I still couldn't hear well enough for my liking. The BOSS H cured that. Sounds like you're staying catted too, so the BOSS H wouldn't be obnoxious, but again, there are discs you can put in there to control the volume.

Just my $.02.
Boss H is a popular add also. Yeah they sound tits. I would love to get one to go with my cat deletes and my GT500 mufflers.
TCG Member 5219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:32 AM   #7
Cupcake
 
Ti28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 9,476
Casino cash: $1731519
4.01 per day
Default

Products
Ti28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:36 AM   #8
The Midnight Sweeper
 
SleeperLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sandia Mountain
Posts: 10,767
Casino cash: $72074675
2.75 per day
Default

I still swear by the Bassani axle backs. Best sounding axle back on these cars. Louder, but they sound great. Everyone has different tastes though.
__________________
2010 Toyota Tundra 4wd SR5 TRD Offroad
2017 Can Am Maverick Max X3 XDS

SleeperLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:38 AM   #9
 
ChiLAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,198
Casino cash: $10687472
0.52 per day
Default

I have an off road X pipe waiting in the wings to be installed. So I think I'm sticking the the GT500's to hopefully keep the noise down.
ChiLAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:18 AM   #10
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,776
Casino cash: $26039500
0.87 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiLAX View Post
I have an off road X pipe waiting in the wings to be installed. So I think I'm sticking the the GT500's to hopefully keep the noise down.
Ok yeah then the GT500s will be a great choice. Are they going to give you enough volume though?
ragingclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:38 AM   #11
 
ChiLAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,198
Casino cash: $10687472
0.52 per day
Default

It needs to stay tame, the GT500's are a little on the quiet side. I'm sure losing the cats will make it quite a bit louder.
ChiLAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:28 AM   #12
 
Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Johnsburg
Posts: 15,577
Casino cash: $142810401
4.28 per day
Default

I love my 13-14 GT500's. Great sound, and pretty much silent at cruising speed.
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:25 AM   #13
The Midnight Sweeper
 
SleeperLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sandia Mountain
Posts: 10,767
Casino cash: $72074675
2.75 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiLAX View Post
It needs to stay tame, the GT500's are a little on the quiet side. I'm sure losing the cats will make it quite a bit louder.
I have heard that it makes it louder but not really in a good sounding way. That is a completely subjective experience though.
SleeperLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:44 PM   #14
 
ChiLAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,198
Casino cash: $10687472
0.52 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeperLS View Post
I have heard that it makes it louder but not really in a good sounding way. That is a completely subjective experience though.
If it sounds anything like this, I'm OK with it.
ChiLAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts