• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

DD-friendly exhaust

ChiLAX

TCG Elite Member
Mar 11, 2013
Chicago
I've done some research, but it's hard to tell from Youtube videos what exhaust sounds loud/good/whatever. Basically the stock exhaust is way too quiet, I miss my SRT4's volume (not tone) in that I could shift without having to check the tachometer every time to make sure I wasn't bogging the car down. The only real quality it needs to have, is that it needs to start up pretty quietly, the girlfriend's neighbor's van has a sensitive alarm on it. When I had the turboback on the Neon it went off everytime I pulled in the driveway or started the car. I hear GT500 mufflers give you a little more volume up top, while staying pretty quiet while putzing around town. Probably looking just to stay with an axleback setup for price and warranty concerns, unless you guys have a different suggestion. Anybody in the area have an axleback I could hear in person possibly?

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
I like hearing where the engine is at as well instead of looking at the tach sometimes, the BOSS H pipes work great for that. Best part is you can switch out the discs (you can get them in varying diameters) to change the volume in ten minutes' time. Also, it's dumping much closer to your ear so the outside volume doesn't have to be as loud as it would be if you were trying to hear what's coming out the back of your car.

GT500s are some of the best ABs for this car (considering price, they're IMO the best and do well with catless setups), but just adding those might not help you hear as much as you want. I got the RTR ABs which are a bit louder than the GT500s, but I still couldn't hear well enough for my liking. The BOSS H cured that. Sounds like you're staying catted too, so the BOSS H wouldn't be obnoxious, but again, there are discs you can put in there to control the volume.

Just my $.02.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I like hearing where the engine is at as well instead of looking at the tach sometimes, the BOSS H pipes work great for that. Best part is you can switch out the discs (you can get them in varying diameters) to change the volume in ten minutes' time. Also, it's dumping much closer to your ear so the outside volume doesn't have to be as loud as it would be if you were trying to hear what's coming out the back of your car.

GT500s are some of the best ABs for this car (considering price, they're IMO the best and do well with catless setups), but just adding those might not help you hear as much as you want. I got the RTR ABs which are a bit louder than the GT500s, but I still couldn't hear well enough for my liking. The BOSS H cured that. Sounds like you're staying catted too, so the BOSS H wouldn't be obnoxious, but again, there are discs you can put in there to control the volume.

Just my $.02.

Boss H is a popular add also. Yeah they sound tits. I would love to get one to go with my cat deletes and my GT500 mufflers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info