Will any cars from our generation (early 90s to now) be considered classics?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
basically, when we're all older...will any of the cars from our generation be considered classics they way we consider a 69 camaro a classic (or insert any classic car thats called that now)?

i think for some people, cars like the ZR1, the obvious Ferrari & Lambo and maybe the Alfa Romero 8C (from a visual standpoint) will be in the "classic" category (using those as examples)..but i dont think most of what we love now will get that designation. thoughts?

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
i dont really think too many cars besides some listed will be considered classics, one reason i believe is that cars from our time r for lack of a better word "unrestorable" , 10-15 years from now interior plastic interior pieces pop clips little shit like that will be impossible to come by, just my thought on the matter

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
The Imports from the early 90s (Supra, Rx7, 300zx, 3000GT Vr4) will be big dolors for sure. I'm sure some Clean 1g DSMs will be worth something. I don't see the f-bodys being too big a deal since they wernt that rare, but who knows! I know I'd still want one in 30 years. Cobras, GXP G8s. A clean civic hatch might be pretty rare too.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
SHO Taurii :)

Roadmaster wagon

MR2

Sky/Solstice twins *Specifically because there weren't a huge number made, and both brands died.

Prowler

Viper

Cobra Mustangs

a few special edition cars, like Shelby GLHS

BMW E30

EJ/EG/EH Civics *92-95* since most are rusted out/riced now, and I'd consider them really one of the first cars of the 'ricer' movement, their presence in the F&F Movies, etc.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
thing is, what are now considered "classic cars" were just run of the mill cars back in the day... my grandpa had a 64 impala, a 59 biscayne, and a 57 bel-air... nothing special back then but now they are classics.... what is classic may be defined by the generation who wants to drive the car again that they had in their youth..... i.e. when we get older it may be SUV's, civics, and hand me down camrys lol.

i do agree many cars may be unrestorable though..... not only the plastic falling apart, but the computer systems failing and having no replacements

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
89 - 95 SHO
94 - 96 Impala SS

I think the GTP will as well. Time will tell on that one though. The SHO was a game changer and essentially introduced the world to the sport sedan and did so in grand fashion. There's no sound more pleasing than a V6 SHO with an intake, wide open throttle, immediately when the secondary butterflies open... aggggghhhhhhhh

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
94-96 Impala SS

I hate to say it but even your most basic 2001 ford mustang gt thats unmolested with low miles will probably be pretty sought after in 30+ years :ford:

my dad has one he bought new... it has 17k on it... :wackit:

89 - 95 SHO
94 - 96 Impala SS

I think the GTP will as well. Time will tell on that one though. The SHO was a game changer and essentially introduced the world to the sport sedan and did so in grand fashion. There's no sound more pleasing than a V6 SHO with an intake, wide open throttle, immediately when the secondary butterflies open... aggggghhhhhhhh

I think the gtp will eventually.. provided 89% of them rot away like they are...

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
seriously. 17k miles.

i can do anything- drive anything... but my dad wont let me drive that car.

For good reason, that as it sits is worth around 20k give or take 3g's.

Btw which color? BBB,DCM,or DGGM? I thinking in the future the DGGM will be the biggest dollar one as that's the rarest color and if I ever get an impala it'll be that color for that reason of it's rarity and it my favorite of the colors.

My light adriac blue metallic is one of the rare caprice colors as well :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info