What have you compromised on to get the car you want?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
To clarify, I mean year/model/trim wise.

I've historically had convertible S197 mustangs since shortly after they came out on and off, and my most recent one (which I've had the longest) is a total bare bones GT coupe.

When I bought it, I couldn't really afford a convertible, or a very 'loaded' one at that, and a year and a half later it's finally bothering me bad enough to want to trade it in in another 2014 Mustang GT, but this time a 'premium' convertible with Nav and a few other options that I wanted.

Anyone else significantly compromise with a significant car purchase, or anyone else here buy the same car over again just to get 'the right one'?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
i finally sacked up and paid a premium to get my blue g8 (yes they command more $$$)

Took me 3 g8s to get to that point.

There is a Deep Impact Blue, GT Premium, Convertible, manual, Track Pack, backup assist, with Nav in the area at a Ford dealer with 1600 miles on it....... I want it to an unhealthy degree, it's option how I would have bought it 2 years ago almost to a T.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
whats the price on it??

They want 36 for it, they've had it since April.

It was a Mfg. car (fleet car), doesn't have a 'first sale' on the car fax, just registered new, then sold at auction back in March this year. Don't think Press cars would have such low miles, so I have no reason to think it was abused with only 1,600 on the odo.

Don't care about heated seats in a Vert, and the backup camera isn't a deal breaker (can't change the spoiler of you get that option), track pack verts were far from popular. They don't even offer GT Vert Perf. Packs on the new ones.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I dont compromise, I just sell after a year and get something else :rofl: :hs: :wtc:

For this current car, I supposed I compromised and lost a more refined silence. The evo is loud :mamoru: (especially compared to how quiet the supra was INSIDE)

I guess for the sake of this thread, I compromised on the auto in the Supra....and it ended up being the wrong call.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
When we bought our '13 Dart, we had to go with red and I am not a fan of red cars. The first Darts delivered to Chicagoland dealers were all red and each dealership only got like 1-3 of them. So we had to go with red, but it had all the other options we wanted.

Another note, we also had to go to a bigger Dodge dealership that received 3 of them to avoid getting one of the new ones that went on test drives every 5 minutes from people wanting to see/drive them first... The dodge dealership in St. Charles received one Dart and it had over 330 miles of test drives in less than 2 days :rofl: Passed on that one!

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Auto transmission. I was test driving manual F-bodies but my TA was a family member's car and I couldn't pass up the price and a way to keep the car in the family.

And the WS6 package. So I created a clone instead.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
When we bought our '13 Dart, we had to go with red and I am not a fan of red cars. The first Darts delivered to Chicagoland dealers were all red and each dealership only got like 1-3 of them. So we had to go with red, but it had all the other options we wanted.

Another note, we also had to go to a bigger Dodge dealership that received 3 of them to avoid getting one of the new ones that went on test drives every 5 minutes from people wanting to see/drive them first... The dodge dealership in St. Charles received one Dart and it had over 330 miles of test drives in less than 2 days :rofl: Passed on that one!

I fucking loved the Dart...I still kick myself sometimes for selling it. Other than it not having the zoom zoom pah I wanted, I loved that thing.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
2012 Boss 302
- I previously owned a convertible S197 and wanted a another convertible. When looking at 2011+ Mustang GTs, I came across the Boss and fell in love. I still miss having a convertible on nice warm nights.

1990 LX
- I didn't care for the color at first and I wanted a stick shift car. The price was right and it was in great condition, so I settled. Now I've grown to like the things I originally disliked about the car.

2011 Chrysler 200
- I just bought this car a month ago to use as a dd. I originally wanted a Jeep of some sort, but couldn't find one I liked with low miles in my price range. I came across a good deal on a certified pre-owned 200 and settled. It's a comfortable and it's a car that I won't ever mod.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info