97-00 Grand Prix SE/GTs

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
interested in getting one if/when the truck is gone.

Are there things to look out for? How can i spot a LIM failure when shopping for one? why do so many SE's have the GT front end? should 3100 powered ones really be avoided? (this would just be a DD for my girly) etc etc etc?

how much $ for a NA long block? how hard to swap motors? etc etc?

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
I wouldn't be turned away from an NA GT or a 3100 SE. My dad had an SE and it was one of the best cars he'd had in a while. Besides from having the original LIM gasket done at around 90k(I don't even remember it leaking, just to be safe) it was damn reliable.

The SE's that got the GT/P front bumper are 2001-2003's. The 97-2000's got the other front end.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
GTs are fine. most of the same options as the GTP. Same look if debadged.
One of the easier FWD GM motors to work on. Cheap insurance, easy to add power to by top swapping.
Just look out for LIM failures and UIM warpage like mentioned above.
LIM failures can be seen by loss of coolant and puddling around the manfold.

I had a l36 with 308k on it when I sold it. They last

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I wouldn't be turned away from an NA GT or a 3100 SE. My dad had an SE and it was one of the best cars he'd had in a while. Besides from having the original LIM gasket done at around 90k(I don't even remember it leaking, just to be safe) it was damn reliable.

The SE's that got the GT/P front bumper are 2001-2003's. The 97-2000's got the other front end.

I found a 98 SE with the GT front clip on craigs...?

I also found a 99 GA SE V6 with 66k on it for a good deal...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info