Women Hold Nearly Two-Thirds Of America's Student Loan Debt

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I'd be curious to see how the comparisons are made. Let me bring out some ancedotal, unrelated to statistical evidence in my life;

1)My wife's friend spent 150K to get a Master's Degree. She's making something like 34K a year. I think it's something psychology related, forget what exactly. For some reason she can't get licensed as a shrink in IL probably due to what the degree is in.
2)My wife has a BA in University Studies. I have a BS in EET. Guess who makes way more money? If you don't take major in account then you're really selling anything you're doing short.
3)My wife's best friend has a BA in University Studies too.
4)Does actual time worked take any account into that statistic? Not hating on the education majors here, but if you're getting 3 months a year off maybe that's part of the pay gap. And education tends to be very disproportionately women. This includes employment gaps as well; Through my working career my wife has had a lot more of them, while I pretty well have worked constantly through. Over the last 5 years or so she's probably taken 6ish months off riding unemployment.
5)I think that men can be a lot more career oriented; I think that this is somewhat of a carry over from a time long past but ultimately I take a great deal more thought and ponderance on my career than my wife does. It may be she's older than I am too. I have a lot more focus on what my next steps are going to be.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Oh, and if I was a guy that ever had an inkling of applying for a job at the huffpo as an editor I'd be looking to find a lawyer immediately after seeing that picture and claiming that in no way shape or form was the hiring process fair. That looks like an EEOC complaint waiting to happen.

That also says nothing about how much of an echo chamber that has to be. Then again I'm saying that on a car forum which is largely a sausagefest so where does that leave me?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info