Women Hold Nearly Two-Thirds Of America's Student Loan Debt

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Could it maybe be there are many more males that desire to be CEO, VP's, director type roles? Many people have no desire to deal with the stress that comes with those kinds of jobs (I don't have any aspirations to be a CFO one day).

I could be wrong, but I haven't seen real proof that women seeking corporate management jobs are held back because of their gender. All I see are stats saying "well there is more men, so it must be sexist"

In regards to healthcare and procedures, sure women probably have it more difficult due to child bearing and all that. But that is of no cause of society, that is biology.

there is real gender bias for sure, it just doesn't come about this way and it's outright stupid to claim any woman makes 77 cents on the dollar of a man for doing the same job - yet this is repeated constantly.

you can go research things about more actual documented gender bias. a pretty famous older example is blind auditions for orchestras

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
The decisions they made in life are why they are in the position they are in, no sympathy from me whatsoever....

No one forced you to have multiple kids while you were young, broke, and uneducated. I do agree, when you're in that position though it's nearly impossible to get ahead in life. But didn't they teach you even in high school to put your priorities in order before you start popping out multiple kids? Like first get yourself a college education so you can get a good job. Then make some money to fall back on. THEN maybe start having kids?

That would be WAY to logical.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
“Women with a bachelor’s degree who worked full time in 2016 earned 26 percent less than men with a bachelor’s degree who worked full time, or $354 less per week,” the report says.

A bachelor degree in what? A bachelor degree in finance versus art appreciation? It's just silly to compare men vs women's salaries when you're just looking at them having earned a bachelor degree. I could probably get a bachelor's degree in basket weaving, and that will pay less than a degree in engineering.

If women are so much cheaper to employ, how are men able to get jobs? They're asking for 26% more money (according to the bullshit article), why hire them when you can get a woman to work for 26% less? Maybe the women in the study were not good a managing their spending and that's why they can't pay it back.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Also, men usually check their "emotions" at the door.

I've had my boss tell me to fuck off, and I've responded in kind. Neither one of us got butthurt over it and we move on. I've been in conference rooms where chairs have been thrown. Again, we get over it and move on.

Women on the other hand take everything personally, hold grudges "remember on July 27th, 1996 when you poo-poo'd my idea, this is payback asshole...", and would cry to HR with half the shit we just roll off our sleeves. They truly can be basket cases...

And of course you have to be completely PC around them so as NOT to offend them.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
A bachelor degree in what? A bachelor degree in finance versus art appreciation? It's just silly to compare men vs women's salaries when you're just looking at them having earned a bachelor degree. I could probably get a bachelor's degree in basket weaving, and that will pay less than a degree in engineering.

If women are so much cheaper to employ, how are men able to get jobs? They're asking for 26% more money (according to the bullshit article), why hire them when you can get a woman to work for 26% less? Maybe the women in the study were not good a managing their spending and that's why they can't pay it back.

Exactly. If it's true what company would hire any men? Profits would sky rocket if they fired all the men and hired women.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004

Exactly. If it's true what company would hire any men? Profits would sky rocket if they fired all the men and hired women.

You'll be on the cover of Forbes as CEO of the near! "This CEO ingeniously increased EBITDA by 15% in one year by slashing payroll by 26% without any net loss of jobs"

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Also, men usually check their "emotions" at the door.

I've had my boss tell me to fuck off, and I've responded in kind. Neither one of us got butthurt over it and we move on. I've been in conference rooms where chairs have been thrown. Again, we get over it and move on.

Women on the other hand take everything personally, hold grudges "remember on July 27th, 1996 when you poo-poo'd my idea, this is payback asshole...", and would cry to HR with half the shit we just roll off our sleeves. They truly can be basket cases...

And of course you have to be completely PC around them so as NOT to offend them.

#repealthe19th

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
But seriously, this was another topic at, of all holidays, mom's day that the family talked about. :rofl:

It all comes down to this and it's been reiterated. They blanket statement "bachelor's degree" but don't dive into WHY there's such discrepancy in pay rates between men and women with degrees. They also don't take into account the different life styles and life decisions men and women have and take. Men tend to work more because they want to make more money to afford more shit or provide for their family. Women tend to take more time off, whether for personal, family, of just because reasons, and don't work more. Are there a subset of women who DO strive to work like a man and actually get shit done and work longer? Absolutely. That percentage of women is equal to the percentage of women capable of knocking a man the fuck out. Re: very low.

My mom was actually all "pay gap yes" and by the end of the day, she realized what I, and my dad bluntly being a drunken jackass, were trying to say. There's no "pay gap" because there are so many variables left out of the equation that are blatantly obvious that they should be included.

If there was a pay gap, as someone else pointed out, every man would be fired and only women hired for an INSTANT 27% reduction in expense for EVERY company on Earth.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Here's their editors.....

Ci7V02mXIAAs3eN.jpg:large

I would throw them out of bed

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
For some insight...

The "real" problem with student debt affects all debtors, not just the women.

Student loans migrated into the latest "scam" where the people with money found a new source of good income after the mortgage biz crashed.

Ever wonder why bankruptcy doesn't get rid of student debt?

Over a trillion dollars in this now... Jeez.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
But seriously, this was another topic at, of all holidays, mom's day that the family talked about. :rofl:

It all comes down to this and it's been reiterated. They blanket statement "bachelor's degree" but don't dive into WHY there's such discrepancy in pay rates between men and women with degrees. They also don't take into account the different life styles and life decisions men and women have and take. Men tend to work more because they want to make more money to afford more shit or provide for their family. Women tend to take more time off, whether for personal, family, of just because reasons, and don't work more. Are there a subset of women who DO strive to work like a man and actually get shit done and work longer? Absolutely. That percentage of women is equal to the percentage of women capable of knocking a man the fuck out. Re: very low.

My mom was actually all "pay gap yes" and by the end of the day, she realized what I, and my dad bluntly being a drunken jackass, were trying to say. There's no "pay gap" because there are so many variables left out of the equation that are blatantly obvious that they should be included.

If there was a pay gap, as someone else pointed out, every man would be fired and only women hired for an INSTANT 27% reduction in expense for EVERY company on Earth.

Exactly. Ive tried telling my family this, but they are all too "Trump this and trump that." Really? But hey, its the Rights fault for keeping people down. Because they have so much political power to gain that. Ohh wait.......

Here's their editors.....

Ci7V02mXIAAs3eN.jpg:large

Thats how HuffPo can be profitable. Employ all women and save 27% on payroll.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info