Who's doing the Atkins or low carb deal??

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

It's hard to know what will happen.
I have hypoglycemia, and my sugar has been fine since starting.

I've been eating the same foods every day.
So if you can't handle eating the same food over & over it makes the low carb harder.

Ham & cheese omelette every morning.
Hot dogs, cheese & celery for lunch.
Chicken breasts, cheese & celery for dinner.
Hamburgers or pork steaks mixed in.

Sugar free jello or sugar free Popsicle for desert.

It's definitely getting old, but I want this gut GONE.

Some guy eat pork rinds when they need a snack, zero carbs, zero sugar.
I just eat more celery.

When I do cheat during the day, I try to eat chicken strips.
Has bread on there, but still zero sugar.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Yesterday

breakfast
1 egg 2 sausage mcdonalds

lunch
portillos double burger no bun

dinner:
2 pieces of broasted or oven roasted chicken. whatever the wife picked up. salad

late night snack at 9pm. oreo mcflurry

a few sips of water before bed at 11pm

today down 1.5 pounds.

my wife says the medicine i take daily curbs your appetite and makes you loose weight...but my appetite seems to be about the same.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Yesterday

breakfast
1 egg 2 sausage mcdonalds

lunch
portillos double burger no bun

dinner:
2 pieces of broasted or oven roasted chicken. whatever the wife picked up. salad

late night snack at 9pm. oreo mcflurry

a few sips of water before bed at 11pm

today down 1.5 pounds.

my wife says the medicine i take daily curbs your appetite and makes you loose weight...but my appetite seems to be about the same.

That right there unraveled your day. You need to stop that. NO carbs no sugar. Thats it.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I still lost a pound so I have zero complaints about havving itļæ½ļæ½

You are not doing yourself any favors with that. Yeah you lost a pound, because when you knocked yourself out of ketosis, your body retained some water. Then you lost that water weight by the next morning. You really need to not cheat on this diet at all. Dont cheat for a week, then cheat once on like a saturday. Then back at it on sunday through the next week. I have been able to lose steadily this way. Im down 47lbs now since 6/7. But those little "I've been good" meals or treats completely stop the process. There is no room for them in a low carb diet.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
To be honest I donā€™t think I have ever gotten into keto mode. I have the test strips and I get as high 2 spots from the top. For me itā€™s about low carb not exactly keto. The wife is full keto and I am playing along but I am keeping my carbs to a minimal

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
To be honest I donā€™t think I have ever gotten into keto mode. I have the test strips and I get as high 2 spots from the top. For me itā€™s about low carb not exactly keto. The wife is full keto and I am playing along but I am keeping my carbs to a minimal

Anything positive on the strips is ketosis. Its like being pregnant. You either are or you are not. If you are in ketosis, then you are doing it right. Keep up the good work. Lower the calorie intake, and you will be losing weight like crazy.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Anything positive on the strips is ketosis. Its like being pregnant. You either are or you are not. If you are in ketosis, then you are doing it right. Keep up the good work. Lower the calorie intake, and you will be losing weight like crazy.

OOOOO I didn't know that. I thought you had to be all the way purple to be in that mode.
interesting...

Thanks

damn it. they brought donuts to work and ordering pizza for lunch...i hate days like this. time to just keep busy and stay out of the food room

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

Well I only gained 2 lbs over the W/E, so all that cheating and only 2 lbs I can live with.

Now I got good news & bad news this week :(

Good news #1, I finally passed my physical, so I get my NHRA license again :)
#2, I still lost 45 lbs since starting no carbs, no sugar.

Bad news #1 I don't weigh 211 lbs, I weigh 220 lbs :( My fancy digital scale sucks.
The scale at the VA said I was 220, and I didn't eat between leaving home and getting to the hospital.
So now I have 21 lbs to reach 199 instead of 12 lbs :(
#2, I have plantar fasciitis :( and it hurts like hell.
I was hoping to get some exercise in before winter hit, but this frigging hurts.
It's right where the pedal is :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info