What's the stupidest (or smartest thing) you've done to save a few bucks

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Let my townhouse that I was grossly upside down in go into foreclosure while buying another house that was foreclosed on for cheap. Fixed it up, paid it off, getting ready to rent it out when we move into our new house. Use rent from 1st house to pay mortgage on second house.

so did the first go into foreclosure? how were you able to get a mortgage for the second? or protect your assets from them going after you?

a buddy lucked out with something similar-ish although i think he ended up with a short sale in the end. the new place he went was all in his girl's name. married now and bought either 2nd or 3rd house, renting out others.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Depends on the blade you get. Some are about equal to a standard Gillette razor and some are terrifyingly sharp. There is a slight learning curve but I can shave now without any irritation at all- something I could never do with shitty disposable razors. Plus the shave is way closer. My best advice would be to watch some videos on YouTube on how to make proper lather (it makes a huge difference) and then go for it

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Depends on the blade you get. Some are about equal to a standard Gillette razor and some are terrifyingly sharp. There is a slight learning curve but I can shave now without any irritation at all- something I could never do with shitty disposable razors. Plus the shave is way closer. My best advice would be to watch some videos on YouTube on how to make proper lather (it makes a huge difference) and then go for it

I rock the middle class blade from dollar shave club. I love these things and so cheap!!

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
How do those cut? I have one sitting here and have been somewhat curious about it.

Before I had my beard I used one a lot as I hated paying for disposable razers. Better shave, less irritation just takes a bit to get used to it. I bought a huge variety pack of blades and still have some left after many years and only 20 bucks spent.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
so did the first go into foreclosure? how were you able to get a mortgage for the second? or protect your assets from them going after you?

a buddy lucked out with something similar-ish although i think he ended up with a short sale in the end. the new place he went was all in his girl's name. married now and bought either 2nd or 3rd house, renting out others.

Well the place that I let go into foreclosure was in my name completely. The wife and I decided to get a home in her name since I wouldn't be a factor, then get married, pay off the home, have kids, redeed the home so that it's in our trust. So that this way we have the place protected if anything were to happen to either of us and I have stake in the house. it was a matter of perfect timing to pull it off because we almost go married before going through that process which would have made it impossible.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info