What's a comfortable income?

What's a comfortable income for your household?

• Total voters

Breze84

$ AIN'T NO PITY IN C-NOTE CITY $
Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
So wait now everybody on TCG not only do they bang super models, tow like champions and budget like accountants, they also make $100k a year?? Lol

Not trying to sound arrogant but me and my wife combined make over a $100k with a house and 1 child. I guess we live comfortably within our limits. We got a budget we stick to and enjoy what we can when we can. Thats not crazy :dunno: Shit I got my toys and my wife has the things she likes. But I dont mind driving a $500 beater ass lumina to commute to work like a BOSS!!! lol

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Combined income isn't that hard to gross over 100k.

Not trying to sound arrogant but me and my wife combined make over a $100k with a house and 1 child. I guess we live comfortably within our limits. We got a budget we stick to and enjoy what we can when we can. Thats not crazy :dunno: Shit I got my toys and my wife has the things she likes. But I dont mind driving a $500 beater ass lumina to commute to work like a BOSS!!! lol

I was more or less joking obviously, having two incomes is definitely a huge help, living off the DINK is the only way I've been able to spend crazy money on cars for the last few years

GoldPanther

♫Please press 1 for more options♫
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2013
Addison
Real Name
Daniel
Ekkkk, dude you want another job? I can hook you up!

Thanks but I'm cool tho.
I get $450 buck a week after everything (550 before), insurance 401k and blah blah it's not like I'm busting my ass working in a restaurant or some shit like that, I work seating in an office computing most of the day 40 hours a week. Believe it or not this is what we middle class people get paid. My wife makes more than than which it sometimes makes me feel uncomfortable. Lol

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Wife and 2 active kids, low 100's and life is mediocre at best. Enough to build a modest house, one new car every 3 years, and 2 decent domestic vacas a year.

So I'm going with 150-175 if in the suburbs to live okay with a family of four, double that to live better.

Single no kids, I could have a kick ass house, one lower-priced exotic, and one mediocrity-mobile for work.

Gotta say when we were DINKs we were having a good time. New cars, travel wherever we wanted whenever we wanted, out every day/night eating and drinking whatever we wanted, and still banking some decent coin.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Tough question. I'm single with no kids, and I think ~50k/year gross would be comfortable for someone like me. That's enough to live a decent(yet basic) lifestyle. House, decent car, decent food, etc.

With my hobbies/interests/tastes, I'll need to eventually make quite a bit more than that. Luckily, I'll be able to get to that level eventually...But right now I'm still a few years away from that goal.

Thread Info