What do you hate/dislike about your current vehicle?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
1995 Lightning - The suspension is too stiff. Magazines complained about this when it was new. The fact that there are no aftermarket shocks available but 4x4 application Bilstein shocks don't help the issue either. But hey, it is a 1995 vehicle. lol

2009 BMW 335xi - The center console and dash have nowhere convenient to place my phone. As well as the fact I didn't buy one of these sooner.

2015 Mustang - Other mustang owners crashing at public events. Owning a mustang was never anything that special. But now it is almost embarrassing to own one.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
2013 Ford F350.

Ford at some point decided that fuel economy should come before how the vehicle drives. Due to this, they've decided to make the transmission stay as close to 900 RPM as possible. I wish I was joking, but, this truck always lugs along, you then go to accelerate and it downshifts, hits boost and rockets ahead, then when you let off it just lugs you right back down in gear.

Door rattles and that infamous wastegate issue were annoying as well. I'd have to say my biggest "dislike" was dealing with Ford from a service standpoint. Anything Quick Lane is awesome, but, as far as work that wasn't able to be done at Jiffy Lube, it was a real pain in the ass to get anywhere.

2001 Chevy Tahoe.

4L60E. Really, that's it. Other than the trans it's a solid truck and I just think it's because I'm used to 6-speeds and diesel power. Biggest annoyance is the cruise control paired with that trans on any sort of incline. It'll keep you in OD and then jump up to 3rd and take off like a rocket getting 5-7 MPH over what cruise was set at, then let off the gas, drop down to 4th/lock the converter and slow down again until it has to jump a gear and take off like a rocket again. On any sort of incline I just manually shift down to 3rd and let it ride it out.

I think I just hate Automatic transmissions... Hence the 6-speed manual in the Cummins being on the watch list.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
2000 Regal GS

-It's a 16 year old, 200k mile W-body
-Odometer hasn't worked in 3 years, ^^200k is a guesstimate
-Passenger side window hasn't worked since [MENTION=653]BrianG[/MENTION] 's bachelor party over a year ago
-Have this annoying AF dash rattle that just popped up, that I can't seem to trace
-Needs a new front sway bar & LCA
-Probably needs brakes soon (going on 3 years on the rears, 2.5 on the fronts and they're still performing as they should :eek: )
-Recently developed a loud AF power steering whine. Probably should've checked the fluid in the time since I've replaced the PS pump (5 years)
-Original transmission...

2009 Impala

-Wife smokes in it
-Just recently discovered the dealer we bought it from did not give us the locking lug nut key :fu:
-Probably should've checked sooner than 2 years after we bought it^^
-Past 2 months has developed a few stupid GM quirks.
-Needs tires.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Non Daily Driver Annoyances : 2002 Trans Am

Cons: Its going on 17 years old since being built. I love the power and that American Kick in the chest you get when launching, but then again I come back to it being 17 years old.

It has a Squeak from the LR suspension and its annoying.

It has no features. It has a CD player and thats as exciting as it gets.

Sometimes I sit and just see how far new cars have come in a short time and wonder if I should stop modding it and just wait and buy a new ZO6. New cars run 10's with a basic tire. Makes me sad sometimes.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Tundra - paint is questionable in places, engine is really loud at startup, it isn't a corvette

Outback - the engine is more underpowered than my fat ass on a bicycle going uphill, the 4 speed transmission paired with that shit engine can do one of two things...lose speed at a normal rpm or downshift and be somewhat driveable at 5k rpm. There is no inbetween out here. Not really all that comfortable if you are the passenger as the leg room is substantially less than the driver for some reason.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
2014 Focus: 50k or so miles

Cons:

Trans. It's got the dct trans. Had it redone just before it rolled 36k. Luckily they extended the warranty to 100k. I feel it may need work again.

Headlights. They suck and since it's a newer car to swap into a hid or something similar you have to do a bunch of other things so it doesn't throw codes. That's all newer cars though and I hate that about all of them.

Pros:

Good gas mileage, decent ride and fair amount of room (I have the hatchback) for a small car.

2005 Mercury Mariner 3.0 FWD 160k or so

Cons:

Biggest complaint is on long trips, over 3 hours or so, I get sore. Seats seam fine at first but on a longer trip I get sore and space seems tight.

Rust. Has some rust over the rear wheel. Lots of the Mariners/Escapes do. It's really the only bad spot on the car.

Pros/

Been a good car. Yes, I've had to do some work to it, but nothing major. Really been a good car and I hope we have the same luck with what we replace it with.

2004 F150 Crew Cab FX4. 90k or so

Cons:

Gas mileage. Doesn't get great mileage, but is way more of a truck than the Silverado I replaced it with that got better mpg, so I guess that's the trade off

5.4 3V. While this engine hasn't been horrible, the plug design is stupid and I would love to 3.5 ecoboost swap this truck.

Pros:

Room. Love the room in the cab

Works like a truck. Tows a lot for a half ton.

1999 Camaro

Cons:

4th gen fbody. Uncomfortable to ride in. Squeaks.

Loud as fuck. The exhaust set up is cool (true 3" stainless dual set up) but it's loud as fuck and hits on everything on the road and under the car. Plan to redo this.

Pros:

HUGGER ORANGE. If it weren't that I wouldn't have bought it.

LS Powah

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
2003 Focus SVT 140k Miles

- Previous owners dumb mods like stupid eBay flip key fob and hack job on the headlight harness
- Melted cooling fan and burnt up power steering pump because I thought it was a #racecar
- The amount of money I've put into it with suspension, brakes, tires to become a #racecar
- City gas milage is about 17mpg
- Fear of other things breaking because 140k mile Ford

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
2013 Mustang GT Convertible - 19K miles

Aftermarket Support
Dead reliable
Those stupid 'running pony' puddle lamps.
Manual Trans (After $650 in aftermarket parts....)
The Sound
Never 'boring' to drive.

Hates:
Creaks/Rattles, some are my own doing (Exhaust/Shifter), Some are not (Sun visor, convertible roof, rear suspension).
The factory leather seats aren't holding up for shit.
Still an abundance of cheap plastic (although far better than the 05-09's)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
2013 Mini Cooper S Hardtop - 34K Miles

Driving a GoKart
Turbo Noises
Never 'boring' to drive
HUGELY flexible (we have a Cargo box for the roof, surprisingly large inside the car as well).
I can go on and on, the car has been just amazing...

Hates:
The idea of owning it outside of warranty.... (Its had ~$3000 in repairs done under warranty in the past 3 and a half years, and only 3 actual repairs done).

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
2012 Mazda 3
Bought this car when I was commuting 30-40 miles each way a day and now I work from home so I wish I could get something sportier and then a beater truck for house things.

Handles great with the coilovers/suspension mods
Can fit large things in it for home repairs
Paid for
Get 33mpg if I drive like an ass in it.
Fits wheels/pop up canopy/cooler for track days.

Dislike
Want more hp for track days and room for a 4-2-1 header so it can pass [MENTION=341]sickmint79[/MENTION] while he keeps on burning up coilpacks. ;)
Hard to find good track pads for it.
Really want to replace this car with a focus ST or a new miata.. just wish the ST didn't use it's stupid ford wheel pattern that doesn't work with any of the wheel setups I already own.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
2013 Dodge journey,

hate how underpowered it is. 4 banger :(
hate how my bluetooth keeps dying. the last 2 times i tried the fuse trick it didnt work.

2002 odyssey

hate the rust on the pass side rear wheel arch.
pass side power door sometimes decides it doesnt want to work with the handle, but will work with the remote or panel switch.
hate that the vd remote does not work. we can only put on select movies for the kids to watch. it would also be better if there was a front screen so the wife who is trying to get everything to play could see what she is doing. dvd player is below the readio up front. 1 screen in back.

other than that, they have been great for me cars.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
09 G37x:
-Interior Fit & Finish and build quality: There's a lot of hard plastics, some rattles, and the materials don't seem to be very durable particularly steering wheel and door materials on the drivers side are wearing.
-Undersized front brakes that warp easily.
-Lazy 7 speed auto. It detracts from a solid engine and AWD system.
-Soft suspension from the factory. Infiniti tuned the AWD vehicles for more understeer. I fixed that a lot with new tires and a thicker coupe rear sway bar.

15 Ford Edge Sport:
-6 speed auto is kind of dated when a lot of newer cars come with 8/9/10 speeds.
-Needs a tune as the power dies off in third gear
-Options packages for 15 were kind of weird.

05 Ford Mustang
-RWHP is limited by the block. Would need a shortblock to make more power
-Needs 14" Brembo front brakes
-Really is dated performance wise compared to the new Camaro/Mustang

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
2013 Silverado crew cab 4x4 with the 5.3

Slow
6 speed Trans sucks ass. Like it doesn't want to shift or it's shifting too much, tune might help when the warranty is done.
Slow.
GM rattles and creaks from random places at random times.
Starting to get rust on a truck that sleeps indoors.
Still slow.
Not fond of my wheels, can't afford anything new.
Passenger front dome light flickers or doesn't work and I can't figure out why.
I don't use it like a truck as often a I thought I would, should've gotten a Tahoe.
Paint on the LEER cap doesn't match...........I'm probably gonna sell the cap and get a hard fold tonneau.
AFM is the dumbest idea in the history of dumb ideas and DOES NOTHING FOR MPG'S!! I'll eventually have valve train issues and when that happens I'll sell it, put in an 6.0 or build the shit out of the 5.3.
Side mirrors are horrible and get worse once you level or lift it, fixed that problem by getting '15-'16 style tow mirrors. My wife says "Your fucking mirrors take up the whole garage!".....My response "You can always park outside"
My own fault for buying this color but the low maintenance Silver Ice Metallic is kind of boring. I like it but it's boring (make sense?)
Fog lights are for decoration, not fog. They don't do shit in the fog or clear nights.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I wish my interior didn't suck. It's not that it's poorly built; it's just not as well designed as German cars. Driving the Panamera last week really drove this home. In every way the Tesla is a better car with the exception of the interior. If they put a tenth of the effort into their interiors that they put into everything else it could easily be best in class.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
2014 Focus: 50k or so miles

Cons:

Trans. It's got the dct trans. Had it redone just before it rolled 36k. Luckily they extended the warranty to 100k. I feel it may need work again.

Headlights. They suck and since it's a newer car to swap into a hid or something similar you have to do a bunch of other things so it doesn't throw codes. That's all newer cars though and I hate that about all of them.

Pros:

Good gas mileage, decent ride and fair amount of room (I have the hatchback) for a small car.

2005 Mercury Mariner 3.0 FWD 160k or so

Cons:

Biggest complaint is on long trips, over 3 hours or so, I get sore. Seats seam fine at first but on a longer trip I get sore and space seems tight.

Rust. Has some rust over the rear wheel. Lots of the Mariners/Escapes do. It's really the only bad spot on the car.

Pros/

Been a good car. Yes, I've had to do some work to it, but nothing major. Really been a good car and I hope we have the same luck with what we replace it with.

2004 F150 Crew Cab FX4. 90k or so

Cons:

Gas mileage. Doesn't get great mileage, but is way more of a truck than the Silverado I replaced it with that got better mpg, so I guess that's the trade off

5.4 3V. While this engine hasn't been horrible, the plug design is stupid and I would love to 3.5 ecoboost swap this truck.

Pros:

Room. Love the room in the cab

Works like a truck. Tows a lot for a half ton.

1999 Camaro

Cons:

4th gen fbody. Uncomfortable to ride in. Squeaks.

Loud as fuck. The exhaust set up is cool (true 3" stainless dual set up) but it's loud as fuck and hits on everything on the road and under the car. Plan to redo this.

Pros:

HUGGER ORANGE. If it weren't that I wouldn't have bought it.

LS Powah

Cons all have body damage

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
2000 Camaro Z28:

Hate how the Long tubes hang about 2 inches from the ground since it's lowered and scrape everything.

Turning Radius

Slow ass window motors

exactly this but on my 2001 z28. I have to take speed bumps like I'm a stanced Honda owner because the car lowered 1.5", Power windows are slow as shit, and I never realized how piss poor the turning radius was until I got the Mustang.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
ST
-BRAKE DUST
-too quiet from the factory. But I fixed that.
-IC not adequately sized for AZ heat - fixed that too
Actually most of the things I dislike about this car ive already dealt with :rofl:
Oh, the biggest one tho.
-Its not an RS.

GTO
-Forever leaks.
-Steering ratio feels like a bus after driving the ST
-Exhaust fumes melt your face and eyeballs
-Soon something is going to break that they dont make replacement parts for anymore.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
2003 Focus SVT 140k Miles

- Previous owners dumb mods like stupid eBay flip key fob and hack job on the headlight harness
- Melted cooling fan and burnt up power steering pump because I thought it was a #racecar
- The amount of money I've put into it with suspension, brakes, tires to become a #racecar
- City gas milage is about 17mpg
- Fear of other things breaking because 140k mile Ford

I've always thought those were neat looking little cars. If I had money to burn I would love to swap a Focus RS driveline into one. Would be stupid expensive though. I would wanna swap all the abs and all the sensors that make the awd work so well though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info