Verizon users

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
and here I am on sprint.. using pandora whenever I want.. using GPS whenever I want.. never any cell tower issues, always fast speed.. using over 30gb a month... unlimted AF

ditched verizon a long time ago when they fucked all us grandfathered members.

So basically you dont travel outside of metro areas?

Im in bumfuck egypt north dakota and out on our lake in middle of nowheresville minnesota out on the boat even in the middle of the lake i get reception at 4g even.

out at white sands missile range new mexico not a city of town in sight for like 20 miles in any direction i still get reception.

Yes VZW is expensive compared to others but i have never ever found a place i dont get reception.

I have the XL plan now as well so well see how much my bill changes up or down. :dunno:

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
I dunno how you guys use so much data a month.
When I had Sprint Unlimited I used less than 2gb a month with a 4g plan but had shitty reception. When I went VZW, same routine racked up fast and I had to watch useage. I still ended up paying the $10 for an extra GB. Truthfully, I'm around what I paid with Sprint now but better service.
I had no problem staying under 4gb but I'd always have to watch how I used the phone to do that and make sure I was on wifi.

Hitting 4gb is super easy with youtube videos.
This

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I get so aggravated with Cell phone companies and plans.

I have Verizon. I had to get the Large size plan with 8GB because I was always just over 4GB a month. 4GB is the limit for the Medium size plan. Grrrr.

So now I looked in switching to the unlimited. The Large 8GB plan was $70, Unlimited is $65. Great. Saves me a few dollars. But then they show you that the Tablet access cost is no longer $10, it's just considered a device and is now $20. FU!

So I go to drop the tablet off the plan. The tablet was paid in full when I bought it in December 2014. They say I can't drop it off the plan because it is in contract. I said it has been over the 24 months and that I don't owe on the device. They said when I changed plans, due to my GF not having any internet at her house I needed a larger plan, that it extended the contract date. What complete BS. I need to call back or go into a store and see if I get the same story.

I hated the BS I had with Sprint for years as their shitty network and issues. Even if I can get rid of the tablet off my plan and save $20, Sprint's Unlimited data would save me about $30 a month. $55 for Sprint versus $65 for unlimited data plus $20 for line access for Verizon. My cell contract is up in March, time to shop and check out coverage and networks from other providers.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Well, either VZW figures out how to lower my bill, or I'm leaving. This was a decision I made over the weekend, so this came out just in time. My current bill is just north of $450/mo, WITHOUT overages for 6 phones and a tablet.

Per phone, that is cheaper than an individual pays. Individuals get boned. FU Phone companies. lol

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Wife got shot down at the VZW store because we have 3 months left on our old contract. At which point our line access fees drop in half and become competitive with the unlimited contract costs... but we only get 24GB of data across 7 devices and often incur overages...

So looks like we have to wait it out. Yet another bullshit "Plan" that doesn't actually incentivize customers to stay with VZW.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Wife got shot down at the VZW store because we have 3 months left on our old contract. At which point our line access fees drop in half and become competitive with the unlimited contract costs... but we only get 24GB of data across 7 devices and often incur overages...

So looks like we have to wait it out. Yet another bullshit "Plan" that doesn't actually incentivize customers to stay with VZW.
Time for the kids to start paying their own bills :rofl:

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
Anyone seeing your employer discounts get dropped on this unlimited plan?
ddc73a09925f62435a529c1d5ac3e6c6.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida

I have the same issue. 8 lines and similar data which my kids eat up. I make them pay if they cause the overages.

We need more competition so the big 2 lose enough customers and start tossing out some better deals.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Anyone seeing your employer discounts get dropped on this unlimited plan?
ddc73a09925f62435a529c1d5ac3e6c6.jpg
Yep, same thing happened to me. But it still applies to accessories and stuff...

We did end up switching today, but will have to ride out the remainder of our equipment rental fees. Still saving me about $40 until May at which point I'll be saving like $140.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Switched to T-Mobile 2 years ago and haven't looked back, not even a little bit.

About to go to Amersterdam in March... free wi-fi calling and unlimited International Data: INCLUDED already. Boom.

Go fuck yourself Verizon.
Left Verizon for T-Mo about 5 years ago and never looked back.

My monthly bill is $30 and I have 5GB of data...can't beat it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I tried to go into best buy tonight to add a line. Phone isn't available at the store, no biggie, drive to the next closest store and tell the mobile rep what I want which leads to a 15 minute debate which ends with "You're right, but its now after 8:30 and we can't activate a phone for you...."

What is this fuckery?

Best Buyery? I love it when I find a BB employee who actually knows what they are doing. So often, that's not the case.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info