Twin turbo 2004 gto build

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
Imagine if James worked as fast as that. :fy: to not sitting on it all winter and getting it up and running ASAP.
Yeah there was no way I was about to leave it be until next year. I was dragging ass on building the twin setup as it was and didn't get running till beginning of august. Broke it in the beginning of September. I didn't get my fix yet for this year lol.
People that work this fast for as little money invested shame the rest of us!

I cant believe you have so little into the refresh!

Hope this one lasts 20k miles @ 600hp LOL

Hell if it makes it that long I'd say well worth the 300 bucks!!

:rofl:

Great turn around time!

And most importantly +40690794856070 for rocking a hoodless turbo GTO!

:fy:

I hope it lasts too, think I'll turn it down for day to day use. Use my kill setting only when I need it. Should prolong it's life a bit more.

Plan is to pull it back out and forge it. Just do pistons and rods with arp main studs. That should do 1000whp reliably.

How in the hell did I miss this thread?! Very nice build man. What are you using for boost control and what happened to that bell housing?

Haha idk but ur here now. I'm using a aem tru boost.

The bellhousing I have no clue really. It broke only a few miles after a rebuild. It also broke with regular street tires on from a roll. When I re installed the trans nothing was forced or sketchy as for as bolting the bell to the motor so I don't see how it could have been user error.

The gto's are known to have driveshaft vibrations with a 1 pc shaft. I always have had some vibration at like 30mph, 60mph and again at like 100mph. Could have taken its toll on the weak ass bell.

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
Update:

Said 5.3 ate its self alive shortly after install. Still ran it for a season damn near then swapped in another. Not really sure what happened just noticed lots of bearing material in the oil. Oil pressure never got low, upon disassembly the main bearings were taking a beating but the rods looked fine so IDK.

So I decided to give it another try and drop another cheap 5.3 in. This time it was a gen 3 1999 block with 300k+ miles that was extra extra crusty. Gave it the ole wire wheel in a drill treatment with VHT engine enamel and she was good to go. Slapped some 2007 LS4 piston and rods with new bearings on the 99 crank and installed a sloppy stage 2 cam. Same shit bearing started to eat themselves so I said fuck it and ran it anyway.

Now 3 years later that same 5.3 with metallic paint for oil is still running. Has easily 10k miles now. Drove it to Detroit for woodward, drove to indy 3 times for SCT, indy 3 times for the big Holden meet and drove it to LS fest 2019. It was street raced on every one of those trips plus local shenanigans every weekend yet still survives. Still has hella metal in the oil and and solid oil pressure lmao.

So knew plan this year is to slap a SBE 6.0 in it with a fresh turbo setup to accommodate the new twin VSracing billet S475s that I got for it.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
giphy.gif

. I'd never get away with that shit

• Haha
Reactions: 32vMonte and greasy

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I approve of this update.

Update:

Said 5.3 ate its self alive shortly after install. Still ran it for a season damn near then swapped in another. Not really sure what happened just noticed lots of bearing material in the oil. Oil pressure never got low, upon disassembly the main bearings were taking a beating but the rods looked fine so IDK.

So I decided to give it another try and drop another cheap 5.3 in. This time it was a gen 3 1999 block with 300k+ miles that was extra extra crusty. Gave it the ole wire wheel in a drill treatment with VHT engine enamel and she was good to go. Slapped some 2007 LS4 piston and rods with new bearings on the 99 crank and installed a sloppy stage 2 cam. Same shit bearing started to eat themselves so I said fuck it and ran it anyway.

Now 3 years later that same 5.3 with metallic paint for oil is still running. Has easily 10k miles now. Drove it to Detroit for woodward, drove to indy 3 times for SCT, indy 3 times for the big Holden meet and drove it to LS fest 2019. It was street raced on every one of those trips plus local shenanigans every weekend yet still survives. Still has hella metal in the oil and and solid oil pressure lmao.

So knew plan this year is to slap a SBE 6.0 in it with a fresh turbo setup to accommodate the new twin VSracing billet S475s that I got for it.

Thread Info