Today-First Day Tax Season Officially Starts

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I usually get back a nice chunk but I only worked about 5 months out of the year plus unemployment. The deductions is what helped me out a lot plus I didn't make much money to begin with. With all my deductions, I am getting almost everything back so I'm not complaining. I always claim 0 on my w4 so that I know I'll get something at the end of the year. It's the way I like it. Kind of like a savings account with 0 interest, but at least something at the end of the year to splurge with. :dunno:

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
You can try giving them a call (payroll/HR department). Worth a shot. If not, then:

Access the IRS website (Internal Revenue Service). A quick search for old W2 forms should allow you to order your previous years' W2 forms. You will need to request form 4506-T.

But that can take up to a couple months. Not sure if you can just print it out.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
You might want to change your withholding if you are getting a lot of money back. There's no point in letting the Government hold your money for a year interest free.

my wife and i like getting a refund as we usually do something "special" with it. it's like a secret savings account that we can't touch. lol.

we are getting back the most we ever have so far, so im currently window shopping for some guns.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
my wife and i like getting a refund as we usually do something "special" with it. it's like a secret savings account that we can't touch. lol.

we are getting back the most we ever have so far, so im currently window shopping for some guns.

We found we were eligible for like 4 new exemptions last year between donations from our move, Wifey taking college classes, and the expenses associated WITH that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info