Ticket Dismissable?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
If the cop sees your radar detector its automatic ticket

No its not

Radar detectors in private vehicles are legal in Illinois. That said, radar detectors are illegal in commercial vehicles under the Illinois Traffic Code (625 ILCS 5/12-714).*

A radar/laser jamming device is illegal in Illinois (625 ILCS 5/12-613). If it is a detector only you should be fine. If it is a jamming device, it is illegal.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
It is not unlawful to RECEIVE a radio transmission with a radar detector per FCC regulations. Obviously states set their own laws though.

although... most cops I've dealt with always made some snide ass remark about my radar, how they don't work blah blah :rofl:. They cannot give you a ticket for it, but I could see it not helping one out of a speeding ticket.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
There's some mis information in here.....

If you have a CDL you are not eligible for supervision. It's an automatic conviction. All you can do is what you did, pay a lawyer and get it down to a non mover. 3 moving violations in 1 year and kiss your CDL good bye. I'm glad it worked out for you.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Police don't give two shits about radar detectors because they know how useless they are. With todays technology as soon as your detector beeps your speed is registered on his radar. If it even registers.

Technology, yes. However that doesn't change the way someone thinks. If I were a cop and I pulled someone over for 10+ over and I saw a radar detector you're getting a ticket. I would assume the reason for the radar detector is for being sneaky. I've had plenty of cops tell me they give automatic tickets for radar detectors if speeding

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
There's some mis information in here.....

If you have a CDL you are not eligible for supervision. It's an automatic conviction. All you can do is what you did, pay a lawyer and get it down to a non mover. 3 moving violations in 1 year and kiss your CDL good bye. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Works on points for CDLs too apparently. If convicted of this one supposedly I could've got a 3 month suspension on my license because its over the amount of points required to get the 3 month suspension or some BS like that. I was reading about it but it was kind of confusing. And some people were saying it doesn't work that way for Illinois CDLs and others were saying yes it does.

I found it kind of weird that the judge said I had to pay the $350 fine and be on court supervision seeing as the court supervision doesn't count for CDLs but IDK what all my lawyer said to the judge he was more talking to the prosecutor.

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
3 movers in a year? I don't think I've had 3 moving violations in my life and I've been driving for like 15 years

I've got a handful but I think most if not all I got court supervision on. The other tickets meh.

That's another thing my lawyer asked me when I showed him my driving record (figured it might help him out) and he saw a light violation he asked if that was amended from something else and the prosecutor apparently asked him the same thing when he went up and talked to him. Apparently light violations and windshield violations are red flags for being amendments from other violations especially for CDL drivers the lawyer said.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info