Ticket Dismissable?

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Soooo a lawyer just told me they normally ask the prosecutors to amend it to a nonmoving violation. And someone else just said to just contact the states attorney yourself and ask them to change it and explain you have a CDL. I'll try giving the states attorney a call tomorrow morning and see where that gets me. If not then apparently I'll have to lawyer up because the lawyer I talked to said I'll get my CDL suspended if I go with court supervision on it? Even with this legal mumbo jumbo crap?

"A commercial driver is disqualified from operating a Commercial Motor Vehicle if they commit 2 "serious traffic violations" within a 3 year period while driving a non-CMV if the convictions would result in the suspension or revocation of the CDL holder's non-CMV privileges. See 625 ILCS 5/6-514(e)."

Because I have no movers with a commercial vehicle and if I'm reading right you'd need to have things that would make your regular driving crap be suspended in order for it to suspend your CDL if you weren't in a commercial vehicle during the offenses and I don't have that

ajdereicup

Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Talked to prosecutors office and they just said they won't let me talk to anyone I need to talk to them during the court day...

Just talked to the guy who I'll have represent me. His fee is $250 if there is no trial crap and he said he should probably be able to get it changed to a nonmover.

And here I was thinking it was going to cost me thousands.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I was in the process of getting a CDL but then just decided to go with a Class C license instead. I can drive a slightly larger vehicle and don't have to deal with all the extra bullshit. My father in law kept telling to get it so he could use me to drive one of his trucks, but I kept telling him no. Don't need to deal with all that. I still drive one truck although it's fine within my Class.

ajdereicup

Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Yeah it's complete fucking BS. I mean I could understand if the violations are in a CMV but in personal vehicles it shouldn't matter.

I mean what happens if you have a CDL then retire or stop driving trucks for some reason but keep the CDL just in case? You can still get your regular one fucked because you keeping the CDL.

My dad got fucked on a ticket the one time because of having a CDL. Him and the guy in front of him had the same exact ticket for some BS thing. The judge let the guy in front of him off and then got my dad for the money because he told him because he has a CDL and always drives he should've known better.

IIRC the BAC limit is even lower when in personal vehicles as far as getting DUIs with a CDL

ajdereicup

Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
30 over is now a misdemeanor from the first day of this year apparently. I'm sure it's very unlikely they'll sentence someone to jail for it unless they have a record of doing it but they can now apparently. So not only would it fuck up my license but it would also give me a criminal record which is all BS.

I got a shitload of ads from lawyers through the mail about it saying they can defend me and all that BS. Apparently they have people look up all the cases that are misdemeanors or worse and send ads to the people...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info