The winter season is almost upon us - what changes are you making in the off-season?

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Boss 302
- change the oil

90 Mustang
- pull torque converter out and send for re-stall
- install bigger fuel pump
- continue acquiring parts for my 427 sbf build

88 Mustang
- pull engine and trans, strip interior
- figure out how much rust repair is needed
- replace floor boards and begin fixing any rusted areas

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
GTO;

- Brembo conversion. I keep saying I'm going to do this, but never do.

Please do this. I wanted to as well, but wussed out with the more "cost effective" 05-06 calipers. [MENTION=85]EmersonHart13[/MENTION] too.

Also.......whats winter? :dunno:

In all seriousness tho, IF the weather actually ever cools down enough, Id really like to find someone who could do a full paint correction on the M235i, and ceramic coat it.

GTO.....will probably need rear tires. Theres some semblance of tread left on them, and its fine now with the hot pavement...but once it cools down, imma have some issues.

GLIGTO

Coyote Nut Swinger
Jun 3, 2012
Desantis-Land
Mustang: hoping to start acquiring Koni Struts/shocks, some new mounts, and caster/Camber plates to go on along with the springs I already have laying around. Would like to also get some 47lb injectors so I can throw on my cat deletes and retune for E85. That or get rid of everything and buy a new WRX performance package... (I don't know why I'm so attracted to these...)

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Please do this. I wanted to as well, but wussed out with the more "cost effective" 05-06 calipers. [MENTION=85]EmersonHart13[/MENTION] too.

In all seriousness tho, IF the weather actually ever cools down enough, Id really like to find someone who could do a full paint correction on the M235i, and ceramic coat it.

GTO.....will probably need rear tires. Theres some semblance of tread left on them, and its fine now with the hot pavement...but once it cools down, imma have some issues.

I tried to convince myself CTSV brakes were a good idea. I just couldn't get past the cost. But yes, awesome, do it

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin

I tried to convince myself CTSV brakes were a good idea. I just couldn't get past the cost. But yes, awesome, do it

This is part of my problem. These 4 pot dual blocks are stupid common, but everyone knows that they're a common conversion onto other cars, so the prices don't reflect commonality.

Then add on the costs to do them in red before I even get around to installing them.

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
Boss 302
- change the oil

90 Mustang
- pull torque converter out and send for re-stall
- install bigger fuel pump
- continue acquiring parts for my 427 sbf build

88 Mustang
- pull engine and trans, strip interior
- figure out how much rust repair is needed
- replace floor boards and begin fixing any rusted areas

this warms my heart

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
this warms my heart

I'm excited to be working on that car. My plan is to basically resto-mod it. I want it to be a nice driver. I'm going to re-install a/c, insulate the interior, and install a nice stereo. I have a 351w short block that will probably get rebuilt and go into it, and I'll freshen up the brakes and suspension. Once I get started, I'll post a build thread on here.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I wouldn't go with an aux tank, I'd go with a bigger Titan tank if anything. Aux tanks just tend to collect sediment and usually fuel that's kept in them for extended periods gets stale. The more fuel you have in a truck, the more chances for moisture to enter.

Good fleets make their drivers top off every night so there's almost no moisture to build up when fuel cools down.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
will I still get accurate fuel level with replacing stock tank? I planed on plumbing the aux to gravity feed the main tank so when the main fuel level starts to go down that means the aux is empty.

I wouldn't.

Yes the titans are not deeper, their just longer for the most part. I haven't seen a 6.7 one yet though.

Fuel level sender stays same since tank depth is the same.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I bought a dogbone mount.

zpZL6bN.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info