• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

The neglected maintenance thread

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
ive also had to do the outer tie rods for about a year now. i have the parts jsut not the time or space to work on the car.

i also have a window that wont stay up. i have zip ties on the track to keep it up, if i didnt have the weather tech rain guards id be more worried. it is cracked just enough to not let in rain. the window jsut moves up and down freely.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Yup, oooops
65e849f7e9ec85192bf77b2cd43e8125.jpg

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
odd dilemma, too many cars, not enough drivers.
I'm on the road 45+ weeks per year. I get a new car every Monday. Biggest maintenance problem I have is low tire pressure.

Wife is mostly stuck trying to put enough miles on 7 cars to even justify an oil change. I'm pretty bad at that too, I always get them between more than one year and less than 3000 miles.

I got a rare 96 SHO I bought in 2005 with 68,000 miles - It now has 77,000 miles and has been from Chicago to Memphis, Tennessee, Kalamazoo, Michigan, Conway, Arkansas, and Montreal, Quebec, Canada. And those miles are about it.

I really don't know how many times I have changed the oil in that car in the last years. Maybe four.

"How many times you changed that oil on your car in the last ten years?"
"Four"

Doesn't sound like a car still working.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I thought the BOSS had the lifetime in-tank filter like us lowly Coyote guys... not that I wouldn't feel better if it was changed often like the old ones...

Seriously? It doesn't have an inline filter? I haven't been under the car much. I figured it would have an inline filter on the passenger side like my 06 had.

I'm sure the Boss fuel system is 100% identical to the GT.

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
For the most part, I keep up with shit. I've been ignoring the completely fubar balljoints on the ranger for three years though. Starts getting stupid loud again? Fuggit. *Hit's 'em with some white lithium* :rofl:

Also tossed a reman P/S pump at it... Whined something awful out of the box, but has worked. So I have no interest in pulling it again. Hahaha

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Seriously? It doesn't have an inline filter? I haven't been under the car much. I figured it would have an inline filter on the passenger side like my 06 had.

I'm sure the Boss fuel system is 100% identical to the GT.

Yeah no in-line filter. I think it's integrated with pump in the tank. "Lifetime" 10yrs 150k or something like that. I want to replace mine but it's kind of a PITA. I think I'd need to buy the pump itself which is ~$200, but I'm not 100% sure. No DIY guides I can find really but I think you just drop and crack the tank when <1/4 full, remove and replace pump, put everything back together, then you're done maybe? I don't know. I'll probably just have Ford do it if it's a light labor job.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
ractronix out of canada sells all the different size fuel filter socks pull the pump and see what it is and order one, if its anything like the other intank pumps ive done its a pretty easy job with an access panel it should be an hour start to finish, thats awesome news that there is an access panel under the seat ive never looked but now maybe I will do e85 after all lol only thing stoping me from putting a bigger pump in was the dread of dropping the tank

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Paint maintenance is what gets neglects most by me.

That's also my biggest problem. I always neglect the paint on all my vehicles but they run like a top and never break because the regular maintenance gets done on time, always. The truck has water spots all over back of the hood. I really need to get a full detail done to this pig.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
I think I've done 3 maybe 4 oil changes on my Camry since buying it. Have put 30k miles on it already.

The girlfriends Saturn is like 10k past due on an oil change but has probably had 20+qts put in to keep topping it off cause it burns so much oil. So really just need to change the filter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info