TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
LAKE COUNTY RAINFALL: UNBELIEVABLE 48 HOUR RAINFALL TOTALS ACROSS MUCH OF LAKE COUNTY NOW, IN PARTICULAR, THE AREA CIRCLED FROM INGLESIDE AND LAKE VILLA THROUGH ROUND LAKE BEACH, LINDENHURST, GRAYSLAKE, GAGES LAKE, LIBERTYVILLE AND GURNEE HAVE RANGED FROM 7 TO 10+ INCHES FROM MONDAY MORNING TO WEDNESDAY MORNING AS OF 8AM. THE MAXIMUM TOTALS OF 10+ INCHES IN 48 HOURS ARE CENTERED WITHIN A COUPLE MILES OF ROUTE 45 IN EITHER DIRECTION BETWEEN ROUTE 120 AND ROUTE 132.

19894670_1365690880204397_5882348130981453623_n.jpg

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Hondas are great because they are so quiet because they run based on load. What size are you looking for ? The 2000 ones can be had for around 800 bucks.

I would still run a battery backup as what happens if you aren't home and you lose power?

Yeah, Honda 2000 (lol). New for $800? I haven't seen that price. Best ive seen was $950. Where have you been looking?

Id rather have a continuous supply of power than a battery that will fade. Worst case, I can come home from wherever I'm at to fire up the genie. But both systems would be nice to have.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Half my town is flooded. News helicopters were buzzing overhead capturing all the carnage.

Last night while trying to sleep, I heard what I thought was rain, but then the sound just turned into a constant whooshing noise. Then I thought it was just my air conditioner running at full tilt and I went back to sleep. Turns out it was a fucking typhoon.

Thank God my sump pumps worked correctly.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Can't sees it.

LAKE COUNTY RAINFALL: UNBELIEVABLE 48 HOUR RAINFALL TOTALS ACROSS MUCH OF LAKE COUNTY NOW, IN PARTICULAR, THE AREA CIRCLED FROM INGLESIDE AND LAKE VILLA THROUGH ROUND LAKE BEACH, LINDENHURST, GRAYSLAKE, GAGES LAKE, LIBERTYVILLE AND GURNEE HAVE RANGED FROM 7 TO 10+ INCHES FROM MONDAY MORNING TO WEDNESDAY MORNING AS OF 8AM. THE MAXIMUM TOTALS OF 10+ INCHES IN 48 HOURS ARE CENTERED WITHIN A COUPLE MILES OF ROUTE 45 IN EITHER DIRECTION BETWEEN ROUTE 120 AND ROUTE 132.

19894670_1365690880204397_5882348130981453623_n.jpg

Half my town is flooded. News helicopters were buzzing overhead capturing all the carnage.

Last night while trying to sleep, I heard what I thought was rain, but then the sound just turned into a constant whooshing noise. Then I thought it was just my air conditioner running at full tilt and I went back to sleep. Turns out it was a fucking typhoon.

Thank God my sump pumps worked correctly.

what town

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
...THIS IS A FLASH FLOOD EMERGENCY FOR Lake and northeastern McHenry
counties in Illinois...

...THE FLASH FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1100 AM CDT FOR
LAKE AND NORTHEASTERN MCHENRY COUNTIES...

At 742 AM CDT, thunderstorms producing very heavy rain were moving
across the warned area and will likely cause additional flash
flooding and very dangerous travel. Five to eight inches of rain has
fallen and additional rainfall amounts of one to three inches are
likely in the warned area.

This is a FLASH FLOOD EMERGENCY for Lake county and northeastern
McHenry county in Illinois. This is a PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS
SITUATION. SEEK HIGHER GROUND NOW!

Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Waukegan, North Chicago, Gurnee, Mundelein, McHenry, Vernon Hills,
Zion, Grayslake, Libertyville, Lake Forest, Round Lake, Antioch,
Beach Park, Wauconda, Fox Lake, Lake Villa, Island Lake, Long Grove,
Park City and Wonder Lake.

Including the following interstates...
I-94 between mile markers 1 and 18.
I-294 between mile markers 1 and 18.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Move to higher ground now. This is an extremely dangerous and
life-threatening situation. Do not attempt to travel unless you are
fleeing an area subject to flooding or under an evacuation order.

Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.

ive never heard flood warning go to flood emergency

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
:rofl: I was getting ready for work, it was SUPER dark at 730. Looked out at my yard and the typical spot on the side where it normally floods, did. Didn't think much of it.

I go to leave my subdivision. 404SWIMTRUNKSNOTFOUND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Y8sdTR6eQ

bahahhaha I just did this too in a section where only 1/2 the road was 12-18", probably just over the axle, while everyone else waited another couple minutes for the oncoming traffic to pass

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info