Niche score of 2,363
oohhh shock top is goood.

i also like their raspberry flavor they have- really good

rw_bottle_and_glass.png

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I love me a good Hefe more than anything. Piece pizza and brewery in Bucktown has some of my favorite lighter wheat brews. And, of course, Big Horn Hefe from the Ram.

Went to a Three Floyd's tasting at Twin Anchors BBQ in Old Town last week and tried their alpha klaus and a few other limited beers. Klaus pretty much tasted like cold coffee and was painful to finish. :rofl: Not my style but had one hell of a flavor punch.

That two brothers blueberry wheat I posted in the other thread was one of my favorites I tried recently but it was only available at this one ale house, or that's all I could find. Not at the stores or anything.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Went to a Three Floyd's tasting at Twin Anchors BBQ in Old Town last week and tried their alpha klaus and a few other limited beers. Klaus pretty much tasted like cold coffee and was painful to finish. :rofl: Not my style but had one hell of a flavor punch.

Will have to try the Alpha then as that is my kind of flavor.

I live right down the street from Piece so I spend way too much of my time there. Another good place to try is Haymarket in the west loop.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Will have to try the Alpha then as that is my kind of flavor.

I live right down the street from Piece so I spend way too much of my time there. Another good place to try is Haymarket in the west loop.

Alpha king is one of their signature beers while Alpha klaus is seasonal and may be harder to find.

Heard about Haymarket but haven't been. Will have to try it out.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
8% is fine by me.

When Bud Light Lime came out a few years back, it was a pretty big success. And now, you can spend the summer with its newer, drunker cousin.

Anheuser-Busch just introduced a new product called Lime-A-Rita which is, quote, “the flavor of an authentic margarita with a refreshing splash of Bud Light Lime.”

I’m not sure I’VE ever been to a Mexican restaurant, drank a margarita, and thought to myself, “Ya know, this tastes okay but it could sure use some Bud Light poured in”, but I guess someone has.

Even if the flavor sounds kind of strange…and possibly disgusting…here’s a plus. It’s more alcoholic than regular beer. It’s 8% alcohol-by-volume. Regular Bud Light and Bud Light Lime are just 4.2%.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info