Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
You wanted an Xbox? Wel too bad it’s broke! Why? Because sports Lorry

6a34def780dde433789c19aee869344a.jpg

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Listen I'm not a tesla fan by any means.

However you should realize since it's electronically controlled....the ramp up rate for torque can be artificially controlled and dampened

This happens in current diesels as well. Just today we had programming down tune a truck because the customer requested slightly less HP and TQ throughout its range.

Now that doesn’t happen often but some customers with large fleets keep a close eye on how heavy their drivers feet are

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
This happens in current diesels as well. Just today we had programming down tune a truck because the customer requested slightly less HP and TQ throughout its range.

Now that doesn’t happen often but some customers with large fleets keep a close eye on how heavy their drivers feet are

Weird they'd limit power. My friend drove for a company that limited speed to 62 mph

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Weird they'd limit power. My friend drove for a company that limited speed to 62 mph

Could simply be because they are normally hauling lighter loads. If you have the same truck that’s designed to be a heavy long hauler, they may want to tune it down a bit vs one that’s hauling 60-80k consistently.

And nearly all major fleets have speed limiters. It’s in their parameter customer settings

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I haven't really read this entire thread other than a few posts but nobody is actually making the argument that the specs are worse, right? I mean, if you want to argue about whether or not Tesla can actually make the truck fine I get that but if this is a product that exists and it fits with a company's current routes I can't fathom anyone making a case against a product that's faster, safer, requires exponentially less maintenance and is cheaper to operate.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I haven't really read this entire thread other than a few posts but nobody is actually making the argument that the specs are worse, right? I mean, if you want to argue about whether or not Tesla can actually make the truck fine I get that but if this is a product that exists and it fits with a company's current routes I can't fathom anyone making a case against a product that's faster, safer, requires exponentially less maintenance and is cheaper to operate.

My argument is simply meeting potential demand and then servicing said truck in case of break downs ( no matter how small they may be it happens)

It’s not like they have a good track record of meeting production targets. That’s my main major concern. Other than that it looks promising.

But again I feel they need to finish fixing the model 3 issues before introducing even more production to their workers

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Ah I get what you're saying. I look at it a bit differently. For one, the production demands for something like this are likely exponentially less than that of say the Model 3. So in that sense I think you can almost put another team on it and let them go to town without draining the Model 3 of resources. They're not going to be rolling 100,000 of these out the first year. I'm betting it's more like 1000.

As far as servicing goes, that I don't view as an issue at all. The Model S and X have never had what could be considered debilitating issues. The very original cars had some battery contractors fail which resulted in some being underivable but even at the time, it was a rare problem and it's completely unheard of now. And the S is a much more compact (challenging) design.

Conversely, with a truck you can (and will) have redundant systems that would effectively eliminate the concern for breakdown while in use. I'm not sure if you watched the release but Elon said their truck could lose two of it's motors and still run just fine. So in that sense you could experience a failure without actually breaking down and just have it addressed at your next stop.

Maybe I'm being naive but I see that as a net positive.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Decent amount of pre orders. I do hope Tesla gets their act together by then production wise. Because if they have delays on this semi like they do the model 3, the semi will be done before it even gets off the ground

Completely disagree, The companies ordering these trucks don’t necessarily need these trucks for their daily use...they are ordering for a test and they are all well aware of Tesla’s performance history....

Now if the truck it self sucks ass to begin with then your right

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info