Teaser pic, CutieM69's new ride

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
And personally, I'd rather drive the civic as well because I wouldn't be afraid of it getting damaged in a public parking lot, or of it getting stolen like I would if I owned a vette
um, check the lists, civics are on the top 10 most stolen car lists for the last many years....find a vette on that list please :p

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
um, check the lists, civics are on the top 10 most stolen car lists for the last many years....find a vette on that list please :p

The 'list' is by raw numbers, Check the lists of cars most stolen by percentage of them made, and you will find a very VERY different list.

IIRC the BMW M Roadster was #1, and the Escalade was #10, and the Vette was on that list.

The 'list' of raw numbers, 4 of the top 10 spots are taken by different years of Acura Integra, The civic is one spot.

fagfinc your car is slow, and a pos

My car is slow as shit, it runs 18's, and its a POS, You post like once a week in random threads, and its just something stupid like "Junk" or "Its slow" about cars like mine, which is in no way really contributing at all to these boards...

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
National insurance crime bureau:
The NICB top ten list—the number in parentheses is the model year most stolen:

1. Honda Civic (1995)
2. Toyota Camry (1989)
3. Honda Accord (1991)
4. Dodge Caravan (1994)
5. Chevrolet C/K 1500 (1994)
6. Ford F-150 (1997)
7. Dodge Ram Pickup (2003)
8. Acura Integra (1990)
9. Toyota Pickup (1988)
10. Nissan Sentra (1991)

Um yeah, civic is number one, and not one list has the vette listed....

I'm not tring to hate on the civic, and I would like to congratulate you on the purchase, and I hope you have the best of luck with it :smile:

I just didn't understand why you thought the vette was more likely to be stolen

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Easy to tell you're just jealous of the MPG's and the reliability.
You really must like fighting losing arguments.
you do know i also have a civic right?

and the only thing i wanted to prove about the DR's in the snow was that its not impossible to use them, and people shouldnt cry about changing them around with street tires... personally with my driving style, i cant run a street style tire because i would wear it out in around 3 or 4 thousand miles and at about $450 a pop, that would suck! i get about 6k out of DR's and they only cost about $175 a tire.... do the math... who is the idiot?

Last edited:

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I honestly think Kim would rather drive the rusty civic that gets 35mpg to and from work than your over-heating, gas eating Vette come to think of it...

yea i really hate having an 11 second car that gets 25 MPG..... you realize the new vettes get almost 30 MPG too right?

and BTW... as of today, the vette no longer needs a head gasket. besides, the heads were coming off to install these anyway click me!!! im actually impressed how brand new the motor looks.... there are still fucking cross hatches in the cylinders. and speaking of reliability, except for this head gasket, there has not been one major service on this car. you gotta remember what they put these motors in... taxis and police cars, and according to their type of mileage, my engine is only 1/4 of the way to its first rebuild

Last edited:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Damn, I didnt even see this thread.

MY 16 year old civic hatch is just as fast and reliable as your brand new one, and is worth a fraction of what yours is, what does that say?

Dasfinc - To say your civic is just as reliable as stink stars is dumb and very ignorant. Isnt your car broke right now? Havent you broke something everytime you go wide open throttle? (This is what I have heard) Cars can break, wither you beat on them or drive like a grandma, and the chances of something breaking on a old car are MUCH more greater than a new car. Keep driving your 15 year old car around thinking nothing will break because its a Honda.

How can you possibly say your hatch is just as fast as stink stars? Do you have 1/4 mile times to back it up? Have you raced him? I found it extreamly funny when we were at syP's house and that V6 mustang drove by and you said "slowwww" then a old 3 series drove by and you said "I can hose that". Other people also commented on what you said that day. You say these because people with motor swaped hatches run a certain time? Please dont compare your car to another car with simlar mods, its a different car with a different driver. I know plenty of instances where a car didnt run "as it should".

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I just didn't understand why you thought the vette was more likely to be stolen

The list you posted is BULK numbers of cars stolen, Of course there are gonna be more civics stolen, there are 10 million of them on the road, but what I'm saying is Vettes are in the highest loss lists.

For example

if there is 1 civic stolen for every hundred made,
and there is 1 vette stolen for every hundred made,
There are going to be ALOT more stolen civics because so many more were made, but there is still a high % chance that your vette will be stolen because there are fewer of them, Catch my drift?

100,000 civics compared to 1000 vettes, 1,000 stolen civics opposed to 10 stolen vettes. So it would only take 10 vettes to be stolen to have the same % loss rate as a civic.

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/insurance/auto-theft2.asp

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Insurance/P58700.asp

Last edited:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
took the words right out of my mouth. this thread is mind-numbingly dumb.

Actually, it makes James look even more retarded IMO. SS has a newer model SI while dasfinc is riding on 15+ year old cars. Saying a 90sum DS civic is gonna keep up with a newer model SI?? :bowrofl::bowrofl:

Sign me up for ignorance is bliss club over here.

Ricky

MWIR.net
May 5, 2008
Aurora, IL
Real Name
Ricky
Shit, the cheapest exhaust I've found for the E92 M3 is by Remus, $1500. The most expensive, $11,000 from Gruppem!!!! How ridiculous is that shit!!! Your e46 an M or 330???

neither actually. i don't like 330 front ends and i'm not quite baller enough for an M....yet.

325xi. 5spd AWD :) i'm taking it to autobahn later this month, can't wait to see how AWD compares to all the dumb FWD hondas i've owed in the past.

But yeah, everything is stupid expensive for this car. I'm probably going to end up designing my own exhaust and welding it up in full stainless. i'll let you know how that works out.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
neither actually. i don't like 330 front ends and i'm not quite baller enough for an M....yet.

325xi. 5spd AWD :) i'm taking it to autobahn later this month, can't wait to see how AWD compares to all the dumb FWD hondas i've owed in the past.

But yeah, everything is stupid expensive for this car. I'm probably going to end up designing my own exhaust and welding it up in full stainless. i'll let you know how that works out.

Careful what you say around here. Many people on this forum seem to think that FWD is better than RWD for drag racing, one guy even told me his FWD Taurus would smoke me on a road course!!! FWD>RWD>AWD

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
You keep saying "when my hatch will do this....when my hatch will do that"......I think you've been saying that ever since I've been on this board:rofl:

QFT!!!

My hatch has been slowly gathering parts, and it just finally got swapped, then it broke, and now its getting fixed, and Its gonna get boosted, and its gonna break again... Its a vicious cycle.

For the one week it was alive and running well it was a BLAST, and Netchemica/Thinkingstrings/ledzepp can attest to it.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Careful what you say around here. Many people on this forum seem to think that FWD is better than RWD for drag racing, one guy even told me his FWD Taurus would smoke me on a road course!!! FWD>RWD>AWD

Ill repost it from another thread.

Dont forget everyone. Yamaho>god>LS1>L67>LSJ>4.6>power wheels>civic>Xmods (barely)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info