Talk to me about vacuum's

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I've had dysons for about 15 years and they are like the AK47 of vacuums. They are easy to break down and never die. Sure you may find a better vacuum out there but once you have a dyson you won't be buying another vacuum for a very long time.

How old are the ones you have? A few people I know recently bought a Dyson and returned it because they were horrible.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
How old are the ones you have? A few people I know recently bought a Dyson and returned it because they were horrible.

The oldest one I have my ex took when we split up but she still uses it to this day (old yellow one from 2002-2003). The purple one I have I bought around 2008-2009ish. Maybe they don't make'em like they use to. :dunno:

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I still can't believe that the robot vacuums have sold. I could see if you maybe had a perfectly square room with hard-wood floors and no furniture...sure, given enough time, a robot vacuum would probably cover it all.

That would account for maybe 100 of the sales of these units.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
I actually have both the same ones, old yellar still works good :rofl:

Old yellar couldn't take it anymore, finally broke, probably going to save the motor for science projects :rofl:

466340168cad6150e06471f784612332.jpg

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
I've got a Dyson DC44 cordless, my whole house is hardwood/tile and have 2 large dogs that shed constantly. I run this vacuum daily, I have a split level and empty the canister on each floor (only because in a day my 2 labs can shed enough hair to be a chihuahua).

I've had this vacuum for 3 or 4 years now, aside from taking it apart to clean it throughly I've never had to do anything with it other than charge it.

I know there are several other brands out there that are cheaper and probably just as good but I'm sold on Dyson products

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
Our Dyson animal works great. We've had it for about 4-5 years I think. I love that I can buy parts for it instead of buying an entire new vacuum. I bought a few parts off of eBay/Amazon a few years ago. Still rocks like a rock star.

haven't had any need to buy parts yet, but i love the fact that pretty much everything is available and replaceable.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
haven't had any need to buy parts yet, but i love the fact that pretty much everything is available and replaceable.

I'm not sure how ours broke. But I needed these parts as it looked like the bearing went bad on the end of the roller that cause some of the plastic to melt. Oh well. Cost me $20-30 to fix.

6accb2e48ec60f5a5f4b99a8b55ea67b.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info