Street Outlaws-Discovery Channel

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Curious to your top three shows you watch on TV? Serious question.

I just don't think there is anything better to watch on a Monday night.

I watch all sorts of things, but most aren't comparable. You can't put reality on the same level as proper shows. Three reality type shows that are better? Fast N Loud, Counting Cars, shit even Pinks was better. At least people on that show could run it out the back without almost killing themselves. I didnt watch it on Monday, I DVRd it like most things so I can watch on my own time, which it doesn't seem its worth

chry*bmb

You're a waste of my gas...
Apr 16, 2008
TN
OMFG!! I was laughing my ASS off at the rent a fucking cop punk dealio!! THAT was epic!! At first I was like, wtf is with the cop-wanna-be shit? For reals? Can this get any ghey-er? Then they pulled that, and I was too funny. Payback is gonna be a bitch.

This show is just funny. Part comic relief, part fake as hell, part totally set the hell up. I'll watch. I like it. These guys need a dose of reality and come up North maybe?? Race some real players. Not "the world."

:noes:

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
These jamokes were on Pinks with a Black Mustang

Well so far only like 3-4 people on "the list" actually raced. And whoever they were, they almost bought the farm EVERY PASS. Even that test hit the dude couldn't keep it straight. Getting shitty at the stripe for cars of that caliber would be catastrophic. Sorry, just not buying it. Also, I CANT WAIT for the retards that watch this shit then wanna street race to actually come out on the street.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
that guy with the mustang needs to get his priorities straight, your wife and kids have to sleep on a motor home becuase your double wide isnt ready to be lived in because you spent the money on your racecar?

LOL

Thats ammo for every guy right there. Next time the wife complains about your car, show her that guy. That's what I'm gonna do.

Rodeok69

Jun 13, 2013
Oklahoma
Just give it a chance. Of course the streets are shut down for liability reasons for the racing but the testing was done as usual. Light towers were def needed to get it all filmed, but the racing was legit. The show isnt really targeted at street racers. They are trying to pull normal viewers in and those viewers need drama to stay hooked. Tell me you wouldn't take this opportunity and do the same thing these guys are doing? It's all about having fun and making street passes without the police worry in the back of your head. Take it for what it is, and that is a reality show. It's not a documentary.

Rodeok69

Jun 13, 2013
Oklahoma
Rodeo do you know any of these guys?

Yes. I've been a member of MWSC for a few years. Spent a fair amount of time around these guys. Goteebo works with me. For the most part, they're all typical car guys you'd see anywhere. Most all would help any racer out, anytime. I think the editing really does a number on how they appear. Do some of them have some huge egos? Yep, but put you in a 1500+hp car (top 5 cars) on the street and see how much swagger you have. Lol

The cars are real and the drivers are real. It's not a scripted show. They're not actors. It's just heavily edited. I think that's why it comes off as cheesy.

For those of you that haven't had a camera in your face, it's highly unsettling, at least for me. The scenes I was in were awkward. Who's used to stabbing an engine with cameras all around you and microphones on? It's not glamorous or interesting for the average viewer. So they trump it up by having us run smack on the other guys on the list while we did it.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
My favorite scene from the show was the puss out by the kid. You pussed out on national tv and your daddy had to help you. This shit is priceless....

970378_161110940736537_810656720_n.jpg

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I don't doubt that the races are staged on a permitted area, but some of those guys are legit especially the farm truck. That guys been on youtube for years and has received alot of praise for how badass his sleeper farmtruck is. Not the fastest thing at the strip, but definitely the most unassuming. He also races with those dogs in the truck so not sure if you guys think all those guys are fake because they have a reality show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCuGNMOHIy4

EDIT: A more recent farmtruck run.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcPHHEea3lE

Rodeok69

Jun 13, 2013
Oklahoma
I don't doubt that the races are staged on a permitted area, but some of those guys are legit especially the farm truck.

'so not sure if you guys think all those guys are fake because they have a reality show.'

As I stated before, most races are on a closed public street and the races are real. No one is sandbagging or driving the stripe for effect.

All the racers are legit racers in this area even if they act a little goofy on the show. No one is fake or actors. It's kinda funny seeing how they are potrayed by the production company, but it's a reality show. It's supposed to be entertaining.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
As I stated before, most races are on a closed public street and the races are real. No one is sandbagging or driving the stripe for effect.

All the racers are legit racers in this area even if they act a little goofy on the show. No one is fake or actors. It's kinda funny seeing how they are potrayed by the production company, but it's a reality show. It's supposed to be entertaining.
I agree, real races and real racers. Yeah they probably have permits and things for those locations seeing as though the production equipement and lights are in the 'public' roads, but don't doubt that there is validity in what they are doing and the danger is present. As for being the fastest cars in the country, well, every location on the map says they are the fastest so it's a hype mechanism.

Hey since you are from that area and seem to know some of the background, do you know if 1320video has been involved or influenced the production of the show?

Rodeok69

Jun 13, 2013
Oklahoma
I agree, real races and real racers. Yeah they probably have permits and things for those locations seeing as though the production equipement and lights are in the 'public' roads, but don't doubt that there is validity in what they are doing and the danger is present. As for being the fastest cars in the country, well, every location on the map says they are the fastest so it's a hype mechanism.

Hey since you are from that area and seem to know some of the background, do you know if 1320video has been involved or influenced the production of the show?

The danger is real and present, no doubt.

Hype mechanism or not, there's been an open $10,000 callout on YB to come take 405 money. No one has stepped up for even a lesser amount.

I don't think 1320video was involved but I'm sure this was influenced by them. How could it not be? They have the best coverage of any other entity like them.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL

Hype mechanism or not, there's been an open $10,000 callout on YB to come take 405 money. No one has stepped up for even a lesser amount

If a normal sized fish swims in a small enough pond eventually even he will start to look big.

No disrespect meant towards anyone, but just because a race isn't taken doesn't mean that is because there are no worthy challengers who are unable to bust that ass if goaded into doing so.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL

Hype mechanism or not, there's been an open $10,000 callout on YB to come take 405 money. No one has stepped up for even a lesser amount.

I don't think 1320video was involved but I'm sure this was influenced by them. How could it not be? They have the best coverage of any other entity like them.

I thought Joey Boost12 responded to them. You have link to YB thread?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info