So who knows about for diesels?

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
[MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] I know nothing about diesel trucks. But I do know from hearing guys talking about them here and there that the 6.0 was one of the worst engines of all time. I heard from mechanics saying they were happy when the 6.0 went out of warranty service. I have heard nothing by negatives about that motor. Please take this with a grain of salt because its all hear-say, but its alot of hear-say in my book. Maybe too much.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Oh, your buying a 6.4 that was DPF deleted since 50k miles, it's safe then right? Wrong. Your still prone to all the valve train failures associated with the regen process.

So you buy a 6.4 that still isn't deleted? Don't worry, your black market delete tuners are only $1800 and just a little bit illegal....

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
I have a 2000 7.3 F-350 that I will be listing soon. 130k miles, FL truck no rust

Only selling to get a dually & bigger trailer

Will prob list it for $16k and see what happens

PM if interested , I'm in Batavia. Here's a pic of it today, I just took this so yes, it's dirty

Typhoon

Addict
Sep 25, 2011
Dan, my Dad has had a 2006 6.0 since new. Its had an intake, turbo back exhaust & tunes from innovative diesel on it since the day after it left the show room floor. It has 45K miles on it now most of them towing our 28ft enclosed trailer. Knock on wood he hasn't had one problem out of it. We put in a bullet proof diesel EGR cooler as a preventive measure. Maybe its not you're typical experience with a 6.0 but we have defiantly have stayed on top of the oil, fuel filter changes & other maintenance. It also hasnt had the crap beat out of it either. Most of the people Ive talked to in person havent had that bad of time with them. The internet will tell you otherwise. The diesel mechanic at the local Ford garage has told me the exact things CTC DEEZUL has said. He'd take a 6.0 over a 6.4 any day and the jury is still out on the 6.7. I've driven several 7.3's and no offense to anyone who has one but while they are reliable I think they are really lacking power compared to a 6.0. That just my experience, hope it helps.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Dan, my Dad has had a 2006 6.0 since new. Its had an intake, turbo back exhaust & tunes from innovative diesel on it since the day after it left the show room floor. It has 45K miles on it now most of them towing our 28ft enclosed trailer. Knock on wood he hasn't had one problem out of it. We put in a bullet proof diesel EGR cooler as a preventive measure. Maybe its not you're typical experience with a 6.0 but we have defiantly have stayed on top of the oil, fuel filter changes & other maintenance. It also hasnt had the crap beat out of it either. Most of the people Ive talked to in person havent had that bad of time with them. The internet will tell you otherwise. The diesel mechanic at the local Ford garage has told me the exact things CTC DEEZUL has said. He'd take a 6.0 over a 6.4 any day and the jury is still out on the 6.7. I've driven several 7.3's and no offense to anyone who has one but while they are reliable I think they are really lacking power compared to a 6.0. That just my experience, hope it helps.

do me an immediate favor, add a coolant filter, RIGHT NOW. After a month or so, get the coolant flushed with VC-9, new stat, back flush heater core, etc. Cut open the coolant filter and let me know what you find...

After that, switch to Prestone red ELC coolant and call it quits.

Start running a 5W40 in the winter to help with stiction. Find a tuner, SCT, to turn off the egr...

Typhoon

Addict
Sep 25, 2011
do me an immediate favor, add a coolant filter, RIGHT NOW. After a month or so, get the coolant flushed with VC-9, new stat, back flush heater core, etc. Cut open the coolant filter and let me know what you find...

After that, switch to Prestone red ELC coolant and call it quits.

Start running a 5W40 in the winter to help with stiction. Find a tuner, SCT, to turn off the egr...

I put a DieselSite.com filter, VC-9 flush & Cat ELC in it when I did the EGR cooler about 4 years ago. Also pulled the oil cooler to check for blockage. It was completely clean. The first filter had quite a bit of sand in it. All the ones after that haven't really had much in it. I run the 5w-40 full synthetic Rotella in it year around but the truck doesn't get driven much in the winter. Thanks for looking out though, your advise right on the money.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info