2005 GMC SIERRA 2500HD DURAMAX DIESEL

2002 excursion 7.3 diesel

Ford 2006 F350 Diesel Crew Cab-TEXAS TRUCK
^^^^^^^^^^

this one

image 1image 2image 3image 4image 5image 6image 7image 8
condition: like new

2006 Ford F350 odometer: 150847 automatic transmission title : clean

TEXAS TRUCK!! 2006 Ford F350 Super Duty V8 6.0 Four Wheel Drive Crew Cab Long Bed. Clean body and interior-grey cloth seats. Nicely Equipped with: EGR delete, power windows, power locks, cruise control, rear sliding window, and steering wheel radio controls. Don't miss out on this clean and affordable southern truck for only $15,900.

01616_gK5TYmq8HhJ_600x450.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I even like this one more than the OP....

2005 Ford F-350 Diesel Crew Cab XLT ARP Headstuds and Deletes

2005 Ford F-350
-6.0L Powerstroke Diesel
-140,xxx miles
-Crew cab
-Short bed
-4 wheel drive
-Cloth interior
-Power everything(seats, windows, mirrors, locks)
-Back up sensors
-Alarm/remote start
-Pioneer DVD/iPod double din
-20% Tinted windows
-ARP headstuds
-Deletes
-MBRP straight pipe 4" exhaust
-Coolant bypass(new in box)
-Innovative Diesel custom tunes
-All work done at 111,000 miles
-Brand new brakes all around
-New power steering pump

Needs hydraboost unit. Currently power steering does not work, truck is parked because I don't want to put any more money into it.

IIRC hydraboost is a common issue in biiig fords?

CGD

Oct 8, 2013
I would rather have a 6.4 than a 6.0, if you get it for a good price and get it deleted and studded go for it, 6.0's can be pretty quick and with proper maintenance can run for quite a while. Personally I wouldn't trust a Powerstroke, I do know of a couple that have ran pretty much trouble free however.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
6.4 is the worst powerstroke ever produced. The fact that there isnt nearly a remotely similar number to those in production, 6.0 has the worst rap. But, by far is a better engine.

The only favor they did to us with the 6.4 was make the cab easier to lift(despite the fucking caged nuts that break off in body and require blind welding to get the body bolt out) because they need to come off more often than 6.0 cabs.

to OP- the reason for your lag is probably a VGT issue, the vanes are most likely not seating to where they need to therefore making the accel harsh. 27 psi should be what you can see from this truck

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Sounds like the 6.0 isn't half bad once the studs and egr delete is done... And the sooner the better. Then it's just tune and boost away!

There are several other issues to address. The most vital is the lifters. I've seen them fail anywhere from 55k and up. Most of the failures are 220k and up. There are is nothing to prevent it, no certain oil, no certain tune, they just explode. Within minutes of a lifter failure, in which you will not notice, the engine will be trashed. I've got a hard drive or two with pictures of all sorts of failures on these motors. Once you think it's bulletproofed, bam something else happens.

I myself cannot wait til I can get my hands on a 6.0. Love to have a 6 speed red car with shortbox conversion 4x4. Slammed and 550 daily drivable hp.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info