Since the site has slowed down....what sections can be combined?

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
GM-Trucks was great when they first started. I was one of the OG's there. Then they revamped the site and it just isn't/wasn't the same.

But yea, to mirror Gav's viewpoints, Forums are the best laid out method for these kind of things. I think fecesbook layout is complete clusterfuck and hard to follow in that center narrow column.

I don't even know what a FB "forum" page looks like.
:ming:

And that's just fine. Regulars either use new posts or live feed. I just cleaned things up for appearances sake.

I use the new posts thumbnail.
Thanks for keeping the ole girl around

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Not a huge different tho....as I add more and more prefixes to old threads, its just the same as browsing like normal.

Plus, you can still click prefixes to ONLY show that type of thread...tv, movie, etc.

Nothing has really changed other than organization.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The site literally operates the same. Nothing about the way it works has changed. The 3800 section still exists as well. However, if you want to be alerted to new posts for a certain section, you can subscribe to it. I can screencap how when I'm back on my computer.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Is there a way to show that there is new posts in one of the combined sections? For instance, I can't tell if there is any new posts in the 3800 section without going in there. Unless I'm missing something??

To subscribe to a forum (at least via the desktop version), go into the section you want to follow, top right is the Forum Tools dropdown, go to that > subscribe, then choose how you want to be notified. Blamo.

Thread Info