Since the site has slowed down....what sections can be combined?

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
here.

I am good with some of the suggestions made in the 1st few pages.
I too will not use FB as a forum replacement. Call me old fashioned but I prefer the layout of a forum.
Not all forums are good, I like the way TCG handles it's business.

I often browse LS1tech incase there is something to buy ( cuz i have a 20 year 4th gen :fy: )
I check autogeek's forum here and there...usually when I am doing research etc.

I barely use silveradosierra.com because it kind of sucks.

Onward and Upward King [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION]

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Are changes already being made? Looks like Entertainment and Tech is gone, at least, on my screen.

Off Topic/On Topic can be merged. They always evolve in to what one of them usually calls for due to emotions.

Tesla should have its own forum since there is so much forced discussion about them.

No issue on the other sections as sorting through them is easy. Vendor section should remain the same as they are paying vendors and deserve their own forums, even for the inactive vendors.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
giphy.gif

Threads will begin moving around today, so some content is not gonna be where you remember it. This is gonna be a multi day process so it will be gradual changes.

Mass moved ENT into Off Topic. I'll update prefixes as threads get bumped day to day.

Truck / SUV moved to Automotive...think I lost some stickies...someone will need to bump those.

Are changes already being made? Looks like Entertainment and Tech is gone, at least, on my screen.

Off Topic/On Topic can be merged. They always evolve in to what one of them usually calls for due to emotions.

Tesla should have its own forum since there is so much forced discussion about them.

No issue on the other sections as sorting through them is easy. Vendor section should remain the same as they are paying vendors and deserve their own forums, even for the inactive vendors.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
You're gunna get [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] and I all fired up about dudes who populate truck forums and how much useless, incorrect information they pass around.

For the info I was looking for, I had no problems as of yet. Were talking piddily things like wiring diagrams and were to tap into RAP.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Don't get me wrong, you have a handful of guys who know wtf they're talking about and can definitely get you what you need to know.

It's the rest of the general populace asking about if regular bed chrome bed rails will fit a long bed or asking what's the cheapest way to lift the truck without keys but I want 37s and will argue with you why I know 37s WILL fit stock height because my buddy did it on his 1987 K5 but the original poster has a 2013 1500.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
GM-Trucks was great when they first started. I was one of the OG's there. Then they revamped the site and it just isn't/wasn't the same.

But yea, to mirror Gav's viewpoints, Forums are the best laid out method for these kind of things. I think fecesbook layout is complete clusterfuck and hard to follow in that center narrow column.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Im not on fagbook, here, tbss forum, though not nearly as much as it's quieted down and
Smoked- meat.com

In any event I just hit the new post button, say hi in the morning shout Boxx, hope for naked ass then move on to

bored thread and the grill thread..
:smile:

Thread Info