RIP Chris Cornell

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
DAMN! Way too freakin young for this kind of shit.

However like lead, I wasn't a big fan either (just wasn't in to that "grunge" / "Seattle" thing back in the early to mid 90's). A few (Spoonman to name one) are good. However, I do respect his body of work.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Rumors from Detroit radio stations are saying it was suicide. God I hope not.
From TMZ:

5:34 AM PT -- TMZ has confirmed with police the family friend had to force his way into Cornell's room and found him with a band around his neck. We're told there was no blood, and police suspect suicide based on the scene.

Sad if it was intentional.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Been down all day about this ever since I found out this morning. It's a real shame. Cornell was such a talented artist. When I started thinking back today, I can tie so many soundgarden/audioslave songs to different moments in my life :rofl: And Id have to say audioslave is probably one of my favorite bands of all time. Sucks.

I may just have to dust off my ps2 this weekend and fire up some ATV Offroad Fury. [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] knows.

Sad day indeed. Unfortunately, the very thing that fuels the artistry that musicians on this level can create is also the very thing that can lead them down this sad path. Deeply routed issues resulting in drug and alcohol abuse. That's why so many of the greats go out way too early.

I never cared for most of the grunge scene, either. Not a fan of Nirvana, STP, etc, though I did like the whole Ten album from Pearl Jam as well as a lot of Alice in Chains. Sound Garden was OK, but I actually preferred Audioslave, especially the first self-titled album. Love the song Like a Stone.

Curious to see if the full autopsy reveals any additional info.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info