Pratt's 2015 GT

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Solid choice. I'm curious about your opinion of how this car handles in comparison to your last one. I could only compare mine to a dated 14-yo platform. I can't tell if it is that much better than the predecessor.

I drove a 15 back to back to my 14, and its definitely significantly smoother, vastly less upset by poor road surfaces.

I still prefer my S197 to be honest (I vastly prefer the styling, and just like straight-line performance), but I do concede that the S550 is probably the better car for most people. :dunno:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I drove a 15 back to back to my 14, and its definitely significantly smoother, vastly less upset by poor road surfaces.

I still prefer my S197 to be honest (I vastly prefer the styling, and just like straight-line performance), but I do concede that the S550 is probably the better car for most people. :dunno:

I like the look of my 2011 front end a whole lot. The quarters and roof line looked great as well. But the 2015 always caught my eye. The painted lower portion under the rear bumper isn't bad as the dark color makes it much less noticeable. I figured the options and technology inside were enough reason for me to switch. That and the mt82 in the 2011. The car is more comfortable to drive on the road. Since that is where I will be spending 98% of the time in the car I figured get a car I enjoy driving and that should be able to do the race things just as well as my 2011 did. I don't think I will match the ET of the old car. But I also don't plan to drag race this car much at all. So for the road course and street I am very happy with the switch.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
With as popular as DSG Cobras were, I'm surprised we're not seeing more magnetic S550's

I don't think I have seen one on the road yet. There is one in a dealership down the road and the color is much darker than the past. Maybe that is why? The DSG and SGM were more of a metallic dark silver. The magnetic is dark gray with some metallic in it. If I ended up in a 15, I don't think I would get the gray...too dark.

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
I don't think I have seen one on the road yet. There is one in a dealership down the road and the color is much darker than the past. Maybe that is why? The DSG and SGM were more of a metallic dark silver. The magnetic is dark gray with some metallic in it. If I ended up in a 15, I don't think I would get the gray...too dark.
What color is yours?

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
For me, the Mustang is only an additional $3/month than the G8. I think it is bullshit. I'm either getting raped on the G8 or a great deal on the Mustang. But I bet it is neither, been needing to shop around since I've never had a ticket or accident.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
For me, the Mustang is only an additional $3/month. I think it is bullshit. I'm either getting raped on the G8 or a great deal on the Mustang. But I bet it is neither, been needing to shop around since I've never had a ticket or accident.

Probably neither. My wife's Acura RDX is more expensive to insure than my S4 or 911 Turbo. Her record is squeaky clean and mine is almost squeaky clean. Sometimes it doesn't make any sense at all.

Thread Info