Post examples that make you think the internet knows too much

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
the other "fun one" was i saw a photo of me from junior prom, with my date's little sister, who i don't know her name/where she is now/how old she is, etc... in the photo, i'd guess she is maybe 6-7 years old?

anyways, i said "oh that's _____'s little sister"

yesterday, guess who's in my "hey you might now" on my instagram... first person.

the girl from the picture.

again, my phone was upstairs in a completely different room charging. :eek3:

Now that's creepy

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Not that creepy. You allowed it :rofl:

Turn off targeted ads on google settings or any app that allows you to turn it off.

Reset your advertiser id that google uses.

Dont let google use your own voice for learning...its pretty damn accurate without it needing my specific tone. Turn that shit off too.

And that might get rid of most of those instances

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Not that creepy. You allowed it :rofl:

Turn off targeted ads on google settings or any app that allows you to turn it off.

Reset your advertiser id that google uses.

Dont let google use your own voice for learning...its pretty damn accurate without it needing my specific tone. Turn that shit off too.

And that might get rid of most of those instances

come un-creepify my googgled for me k thanks bye

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Cause if you think you are creeped out now, once you see all the data, it gets even creepier. The nice thing is google gives you a good amount of control.

Did you know you could download an archive of every single google search you have ever done?

Assuming you didnt regularly go onto google, in the settings and clear it regularly. Not just in chrome browser history clearing.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte

r9Z6Ya0.gif

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Preface; I don’t have cats, I don’t talk about cats at home, most likely I won’t ever get a cat (nothing wrong with people that have them or the animals themselves) and I don’t search for anything cat related online.

Playing with my son and an ad for cat food or something comes on the TV and he gets riveted to the ad. I say “You looking at the kitty?” as I say “kitty” he giggles so I commence to tickling him saying “kitty kitty kitty kitty........”. For the last few weeks I’ve had ads come up for cat toys, kitty litter etc on Facebook, amazon and eBay.

We call the dog by his name but to our 7 month old son we call him the “woof woof”. I’ll play my dogs keep away game (he has a toy in his mouth, you go to grab it and he pulls away while play growling and he’ll drop it and bark really loud). Now at least twice a day I get an ad on FB for an anti barking wand thing that emits a high pitched noise to make the dog stop barking. I’ve never searched for anything like that, I think punishing a dog for doing dog things with a high pitched noise that’s inaudible to humans is cruel.

As an experiment that’s for my own amusement I’ll say Plesiosaurus when I open FB or amazon and I’ll talk to my sleeping son in the car about how the Loch Ness monster is in fact a plesiosaurus. Waiting for ads for dinosaurs or cruises to Scotland to pop up.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Doesnt mean you should have to give up privacy.

Use a handle, use an alias, use a dedicated device for social media and for private shit.

I am one of the sheeple and say i have nothing to hide so I dont really care.

But i do care that they're listening.

Alexa listens to me snore every night too :rofl:

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I am one of the sheeple and say i have nothing to hide so I dont really care.

But i do care that they're listening.

Alexa listens to me snore every night too :rofl:

it doesnt matter if you have anything to hide. The fact is they are harvesting data created by your daily actions and selling it for profit.

Id be more likely to opt in and not have as big a problem with it if they would pay you, based on if they get a sale based on advertisements targeted at you based on your usage with their product which resulted in a purchase of a product from an advertiser. You should get a piece of that pie if they are going to use the data in that manner, because after all, without your data, they wouldnt have any advertisers who are interested in paying them anyways.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info