Picked up a new ride last week. Need to find a shop to tune it.

HILROD

TCG Elite Member
Oct 22, 2007
ELGIN
Is he saying ditch the headers or dump their tune if it has one?

Anything from them is utter crap. If they did do work on it the tune is probably bad. Back in the day I went with him to SVS. I made him run far far away. There is so much bad about them on the web. If it's only the headers, they only crack or burn the car, so that's your call. The tune is not something I'd keep.

Anything from them is utter crap. If they did do work on it the tune is probably bad. Back in the day I went with him to SVS. I made him run far far away. There is so much bad about them on the web. If it's only the headers, they only crack or burn the car, so that's your call. The tune is not something I'd keep.

:werd:

Stock manifolds? Either way I would have to add to what I already have to connect to those. The SVS go out through the frame and elbow back into the rocker panel.

Not looking to reinvent the wheel here.

You would have to ditch the merge collectors and get the stock setup, which is good for over 1K rwhp with no problem/issues. You said you want to redo what is in the sills anyway. This is also the stock routing. Its your car, do what you want, just showing you headers are not 2K. Hell even Bellengers arent that much.

EDIT, The reason the svs headers were pricy, is because they were one of the first ones on the scene. Things have changed since 96. svs was a joke of a shop at best, horrible.

martyb

Oct 16, 2012
Keep the SVS headers, I think they made more HP than any other header if I remember correctly. The heater box is a common issue with those headers also.

If you do an SCT let me know the baseline numbers and the after tune. I would be curious to see what you pick up.

My car is in AZ for good, but still may have Eddie Martin out here tune it at some point.

Enjoy it.

QuikHD

Regular
Jun 20, 2012
New shoes coming, can't wait to get these bolted up. CCW SP600's

The photos are 19 front and rear. I ordered 19 front and 20 rear. I like the staggered look

mera7u8u.jpg

6uve7eba.jpg

martyb

Oct 16, 2012
New shoes coming, can't wait to get these bolted up. CCW SP600's

The photos are 19 front and rear. I ordered 19 front and 20 rear. I like the staggered look

mera7u8u.jpg

6uve7eba.jpg

Those will look perfect on your car, I just hope you like polishing :)

I have CCW 550's on my GTS, awesome wheels just takes some work to keep them looking nice. Quite a few guys end up powder coating them.

QuikHD

Regular
Jun 20, 2012
Those will look perfect on your car, I just hope you like polishing :)

I have CCW 550's on my GTS, awesome wheels just takes some work to keep them looking nice. Quite a few guys end up powder coating them.

I won't drive it much, if they start looking bad I'll get them chrome plated. The car will get cleaned every time I drive it so they may be good for a couple years polished

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info