Official TCG fishing thread

DJ

Forum Sponsor
Oct 20, 2005
Upgrading my tackle box tonight to a backpack style Spiderwire box.
2egyre5u.jpg

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
Love to fish, In the summer I fish nearly every weekend.
I fish around here at ponds and forest preserves. Bode Lake and Mallard lake can be decent in the spring (if it ever gets here.) I have access to a cabin in northern Wisconsin. The lake is filled with northern pike. The lake is very under fished and kind of secluded. Last time a friend and I went up, in a weekend we boated over 40 pike. The cabin has 3 bedrooms and there is a boat and motor available for use. Costs nothing but gas and food for a nice weekend of fishing. Thinking of heading up this June.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Yeah I see a lot of the older Polish guys fishing for carp basically wherever I go. They use some interesting bait too, I've seen canned corn, dry macaroni, they'll use basically anything. But from what I've seen, the big ones put up a hell of a fight. I wouldn't really trust eating them out of most of the ponds and lakes around here, but I've heard if you leave them in a bucket of clean water after you catch them, it'll clean them up good.

Really, they key is either catching them out of a river or a bigger lake. I have never put them in a bucket of clean water though. If they taste bad it is either because they were in polluted water or they werent cleaned up right. Cutting the dark meat out of the fillet is absolutely crucial.

If I was going to eat fish out of the waterways around here, it certainly wouldn't be carp.

I am sure their is more pollution up north than down here. I dont know if i would eat any fish out of a body of water I didn't trust. Lake springfield has been polluted for a long time...I have never been fishing or eaten anything out of there because of that.

DJ

Forum Sponsor
Oct 20, 2005
Not 100% a fan of the backpack style at this point. I have a lot of gear and am struggling getting everything into the bag. Going to Bass Pro after work to buy some different size storage containers to try and get more in the bag. I have come to terms that I have to much gear for one bag. I will carry the backpack in the car for daily fishing but fishing trips will most likely require two boxes.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
I fish around here at ponds and forest preserves. Bode Lake and Mallard lake can be decent in the spring (if it ever gets here.) I have access to a cabin in northern Wisconsin. The lake is filled with northern pike. The lake is very under fished and kind of secluded. Last time a friend and I went up, in a weekend we boated over 40 pike. The cabin has 3 bedrooms and there is a boat and motor available for use. Costs nothing but gas and food for a nice weekend of fishing. Thinking of heading up this June.

Count me in!

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I love to fish but all the places my dad and I used to fish when I was younger are now all reserves and/or fished out bone dry. I've been trying to find some new areas but can't seem to find anything that doesn't have a line of trucks waiting for their turn.

I need to just disappear one of these weekends or take time off and just go fishing for a few days. I miss it.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi

:nice:

That is awesome. I am really jealous.

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef

:fy: :fy:

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Upgrading my tackle box tonight to a backpack style Spiderwire box.
2egyre5u.jpg

I don't have nearly as much as you, and I did mine on the cheap, but I took a piece of my soft luggage set (basically an overnight bag) and I can stick 4 or 5 plastic organizers in the main section of the bag, and all the rest of my stuff in the side pouches. It's an over the shoulder bag, but I enjoy it, and doesn't get in the way as much as I thought. It's actually perfect for hiking through some wooded areas to get to some spots.

DJ

Forum Sponsor
Oct 20, 2005
Update:

I do recommend the back pack design for even the fishermen with more than your average gear. I had to get different boxes to fit in correctly but everything besides large Northern Pike/musky baits fit.
a6u7u8yj.jpg

Now let's meet up and go fishing. I will be trying the Fox River near the Montgomery dam this weekend for some small mouth.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Update:

I do recommend the back pack design for even the fishermen with more than your average gear. I had to get different boxes to fit in correctly but everything besides large Northern Pike/musky baits fit.

Now let's meet up and go fishing. I will be trying the Fox River near the Montgomery dam this weekend for some small mouth.
Let me know when and if you go. I might tag along.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Update:

a6u7u8yj.jpg

Might be down. I've been trying to figure out how to get down there

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info