Gaming Official Pokemon Go thread

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
Lol did this on lunch. Got 5 pokemon, caught about 9 sent some to the professor though. Shockingly I have 2 gyms about 6 blocks away from work.

But I havent found out how you battle wild pokemon to boost your current team though. Anyone have any experience with that? Or is it when you use the stardust to level them up?

Seems like a neat little game though. Brings back some old school memories of childhood lol

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Lol did this on lunch. Got 5 pokemon, caught about 9 sent some to the professor though. Shockingly I have 2 gyms about 6 blocks away from work.

But I havent found out how you battle wild pokemon to boost your current team though. Anyone have any experience with that? Or is it when you use the stardust to level them up?

Seems like a neat little game though. Brings back some old school memories of childhood lol
Catch the same type and collect stardust and the special item for that pokemon by sending the extras to the professor. Then level/evolve them with those items to get CP up on your pokemon.

Battling is only for gyms right now i believe, not for wild pokemon and stardust is how you level them.

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
Catch the same type and collect stardust and the special item for that pokemon by sending the extras to the professor. Then level/evolve them with those items to get CP up on your pokemon.

Battling is only for gyms right now i believe, not for wild pokemon and stardust is how you level them.

OK good I thought I was missing something lol.

Luckily I have two waypoints out side of work, so I hit those up a couple times a night and collect the free shit lol. I almost have a 100 pokeballs lol

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:rofl:

PokemonGO got me wandering around my neighborhood like - GIF on Imgur

cYqlg3z.gif

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I don't think they planned on it having such a large fan base/initial surge. Give it a few days and it'll be better. When it works its a lot of fun but the servers are definitely overloaded. Even if you get logged in, there's still issues with pokemon not showing up, catches not being counted, transfers not working etc... due to packet drops from the servers being pounded constantly.

Thread Info