#NoFlyZoneMIDWEST returns! 4/30-5/1

I will definitely be there! Hoping to have upgraded to Squash fuel system and Cam done by then. If not it doesn't matter. NO CHANCE I AM MISSING IT!!! Hoping the guy with the white bmw is there again. we lined up to race. after we hit the cones he pulled off throttle. Was having issues. I'd like to see how we fare against each other! And I definitely want that Shelby Mustang again. Especially cause I bounced rev limiter and missed 3-4 shift!

See ya'll on the tarmac!!

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Sorry for all the repeat questions, the few 3800 guys on here (with only 3 usable gears) this kinda makes or breaks how the event will go for us lol, don't want to pull on the v8 supercars then get passed because we ran out of gear literally :angrys00ls:

That makes much more sense. 12hr night shifts suck...:sleep:

speeds are usually 40-50mph. There is a bit of free range left up to the racers, to setup the matchup how they want. Try 40, then try 50... see who has the edge at each speed!:jg:

Thanks sir, yea did a 1/2 mile dig before so just trying to see if this started from a roll what kinda speeds we are talking

so the run "starts" from the turn onto the straight away then?

how is top speed recorded/reported?

That was also my thought and I couldve sworn the 40/50mph roll-out was before the actual 1/2 mile length started

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Sorry for all the repeat questions, the few 3800 guys on here (with only 3 usable gears) this kinda makes or breaks how the event will go for us lol, don't want to pull on the v8 supercars then get passed because we ran out of gear literally :angrys00ls:

Thanks sir, yea did a 1/2 mile dig before so just trying to see if this started from a roll what kinda speeds we are talking

That was also my thought and I couldve sworn the 40/50mph roll-out was before the actual 1/2 mile length started

Correct. You get a short roll out length, the half mile starts at the first orange set of cones and ends and the second set further down the runway. The last event was really laid back and most people were not racing each other.

I went up against people who floored it well before the orange cones, some who waited right until the cones, some who started at 40 mph etc. really all depends who you line up against and if you have a chance to talk to them beforehand.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
set your 4th gear up shift for low throttle percentage and set the 4-3 shift to not occur till below 65 and you can make it shift to 4 after you finish with third by easing off momentarily and getting back into it.

as long as calculated gear ratio is correct your fourth will have locked up and be holding.... the problem occurs shifting the 3 to 4 while under power

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Shoes? :fu:

This is about 4-5 weeks after I get home from Afghanistan.

Would be fucking awesome to go.

Ummm it would be a long way to push my car down the runway though :picard:

I will be on paid leave until mid May would be awesome to go, but highly doubt caged shell will even have engine and trans it by then.

I guess its too much to hope that people with some badass cars around here run? :dunno:

Shouldn't have just bought that house, because I can't race a house!

FUCK MY LIFE......

FlyingGuy

Forum Sponsor
Apr 2, 2015
so the run "starts" from the turn onto the straight away then?

how is top speed recorded/reported?

Cars pull onto the straight, and stage until given the go ahaead/hand drop from our staff member. You stage about 400ft from the start cones (start of the measured 1/2 mile), so this gives you about 400ft of roll up distance until you hit the cones. Start cones to finish cones is 1/2 mile. Some cars do varying rolls, some do standing starts, some have jumpy feet and go early, so start late. No prizes or trophies means you never feel like you "wasted" a good run. If you jumped early, kick yourself and line back up for a clean run!

Super laid back and casual. Most like that vibe, a few have not.

Ill try to answer questions as best I can.

-Tony

Thread Info