Next Civic SI to get 220+hp turbo 4

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
The Vette has had around 400hp since 2006....has only received 30 more :dunno:

30 more from a naturally aspirated motor isn't bad. 20 more going from a NA to forced induction doesn't seem like it's even trying considering they could just put in the k20 whatever that is in the s2000's thats been making 240hp since 1999

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
So let me get this straight Honda is talking about a boosted 4 cylinder with "only" 220hp?

:rofl: As many others have mentioned the K series makes what 200hp NA?

Mean while GM offers 2.0 turbo 4 cylinder with 275hp and has offered a turbo 4 cylinder in the cobalt back in 2008 that made 260hp.......

Good job Honda let us know when you can offer a 275hp + 4 cylinder........

#notimpressed

PS Honda Ford is laughing at you...... :s00ls:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
For contrast sake, Our Cooper S was advertised as ~180hp, and is frequently compared to the GTI and we cross shopped it with the MazdaSpeed3 and Focus ST.

There will be a strong market for this, even if it only has 230hp.

It's also worth reminding everyone that turbo power plants aren't about peak HP numbers but Torque and power curve........

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Either way IFFFFFF someone wants to do anything with the Honda the aftermarket will be there.

Even more so than say a Focus ST I'd dare say.

Boosted anything is easier to make more HP and TQ with so having it come factory with a turbo is pretty big for Honda.

Now if them retards at Toyota and Subaru would turbo the god damn fucking BRZ/FRS!!
Why those are not offered with a turbo from factory will always baffle me.

:picard:

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
So let me get this straight Honda is talking about a boosted 4 cylinder with "only" 220hp?

:rofl: As many others have mentioned the K series makes what 200hp NA?

Mean while GM offers 2.0 turbo 4 cylinder with 275hp and has offered a turbo 4 cylinder in the cobalt back in 2008 that made 260hp.......

Good job Honda let us know when you can offer a 275hp + 4 cylinder........

#notimpressed

PS Honda Ford is laughing at you...... :s00ls:

But only God knows why GM refuses to put that engine in anything for the last decade, save for a grandpa Buick pig.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
What Can You Tell About The 2017 Honda Civic Type-R Engine By Looking At It?

This image was sent to us with that note that the forum members “have credible sources who indicate the next Civic Si is slated to receive a detuned version of this engine that should produce around 230 horsepower.”

It’s also been said that this engine uses an electric wastegate actuator and integrated blow-off valve on the compressor housing.

All we really know is that Honda’s claimed this engine will make more than 276 horsepower and wail to a 7,000 RPM redline. They’ve also said it will be mated with a traditional three-pedal manual gearbox.

That's more like it. Detune it if Honda wants Aftermarket will fix that in a hurry no problem.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
I'd hope detune doesn't mean bastardize the engine to cut cost and use cheaper parts although I got a feeling your right.

Even still getting back to that 250plus HP mark will happen with Honda aftermarket.

Lets be honest its a damn civic they make everything for them things. I would expect the Honda fanatics to continue with this generation too.

G_T_O

TCG Elite Member
May 10, 2009
The 8th gens they still come in with issues. I have rebuilt 2 transmissions that have blown from faulty 3rd gear synchros. The 9th gens have been having some throw out bearing noises. Replaced a couple. Come back in 5 months with the same noise. Honda advised me to replace it again thinking it was a defective part. Replaced. Came back again in 5 months almost to the day. Honda then said to replace the whole clutch assembly and throw out bearing and to over night them the parts to figure out what's going on. Car came back again about 6 months later and the guy ended up trading it in. It's happened on numerous 9th gens we have had at the dealer.

dberz94

Professional Slacker
Feb 14, 2015
Isn't there some new mono exhaust header that is supposed to be in compliance with the EPA's new laws on the new civics?. Someone pointed it out to me at the auto show and it was a sign they don't want people to mess with performance anymore. Its a sad day to see that happen if its true.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Dont really want to make a new thread but this is interesting.

Last year, Honda announced that its next-generation Civic Type R will finally come to the United States. Ever since that announcement, Honda hasn't had much else to say about the Civic Type R, instead preferring to focus on the launch of the Civic sedan and Civic coupe. But if the latest rumor is accurate, the upcoming hot hatch will get a huge boost in power.

AutoExpress reports that the tenth-generation Civic Type R's turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder will make somewhere around 340 horsepower. Compared to the already powerful current version (shown above), that's an extra 34 ponies. But Honda probably won't be adding all-wheel drive in order to handle that extra twist. No, AutoExpress says the Civic Type R will stick with front-wheel drive. The six-speed manual will reportedly remain, as well.

Considering that the current Europe-only Type R initially set a new front-wheel drive world record at the Nurburgring, a new version with even more power should be frightfully quick.

We might not have to wait long to find out more. The report says Honda will show the Civic Type R at the Paris Motor Show in October. And while we've seen a prototype running around the Nurburgring with a large wing, AutoExpress thinks the production version will debut with a more subtle spoiler and somewhat more conventional looks.

The question is, will Honda's new hardcore hot hatch be fast enough to take back the Nurburgring's front-wheel-drive record from the Volkswagen GTI Clubsport S? We can't wait to find out.

New Honda Civic Type R- Next Civic Type R Could Make 340 HP

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
It could have 400hp, it still looks like a fuckin mess.

barf
honda-civic-type-r-rear-xlarge_trans++ohCMQh3GlwuVpRsoBuWjj6cgCLOB363mG_OYoLLyAm4.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info