My Tahoe is totaled

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
anything is technically repairable really...

full frame vehicles can be pulled and fixed and from a solid shop you'd have no idea the repair was ever performed.

that being said though, this sounds like allstate being allstate. they will fix anything and everything and try their best to fix anything and everything.

get it to the absolute best shop you can and possibly even make sure they aren't an "allstate shop"

back when i was in it- a-state would use some really questionable used parts... doors that needed 2-3 hours of repair before they even could be refinished and shit.
If its repairable so be it, its a $5,000 truck that I use for work.
I just find it hard to believe the adjuster doesnt think the repairs exceed the value of the truck. My wifes 2018 Cherokee just came back from the shop for a minor door ding, and that was a $1300 repair.

Oh its going to the shop I have used for years. Same guys that did all my custom paint on my first Charger, they just repaired my wifes Cherokee and I have sent numerous people there over the years.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
If its repairable so be it, its a $5,000 truck that I use for work.
I just find it hard to believe the adjuster doesnt think the repairs exceed the value of the truck. My wifes 2018 Cherokee just came back from the shop for a minor door ding, and that was a $1300 repair.

Oh its going to the shop I have used for years. Same guys that did all my custom paint on my first Charger, they just repaired my wifes Cherokee and I have sent numerous people there over the years.

it's their game

they want you to go away they want to bandaid it back together as cheaply as possible.

they will write an estimate avoiding blends, using low grade used parts, not wet sanding and buffing, repairing where parts should be replaced, etc.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
it's their game

they want you to go away they want to bandaid it back together as cheaply as possible.

they will write an estimate avoiding blends, using low grade used parts, not wet sanding and buffing, repairing where parts should be replaced, etc.
Totally understood, shop I use will make sure its done correctly.
Ladies insurance that backed in to my wifes Cherokee only wanted to pay $600 for repairs at their shop. My guy was $1300, so had to use my insurance and pay deductible. Now I sit and wait for my $500 to be returned as my insurance goes after theirs.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Well after a bunch of back and forth with the body shop. I just rcvd a call from Allstate and they are going to total it out. No buy back price yet as I have to wait for the person who handles the financials of totaled vehicles to call me back and issue a check. But I'm getting more than what I paid for the truck 6 months ago. Didnt know they gave you tax/title/registration when totaling a car out.
$6053 for the truck
$655 for tax/title
$120 for registration

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info