My Tahoe is totaled

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
i know where that is at. Did he really run across the street and hide in that Starbucks....

glad your wife was not seriously injured, and is doing okay.
sucks about the truck.
unless i am missing stuff, looks like you will need bumpers, grill, headlight. unless there is frame damage i don't see why this couldn't be fixed.
I’m almost certain there is frame damage. Point of impact was passenger side rear bumper area. Rear passenger door now rubs when opening and closing, and it wasn’t hit at all. Major front suspension issues, steering wheel is way off, shit rubbing up front.
AC no longer works, it blows hot.

Yes he literally ran in Starbucks to try and hide.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Did that have rear A/C? If so, all the plumbing is in the passenger rear. So if that's where it hit, it may have busted a line causing all the R-134a to leak out. A sure way to tell that, is to turn the A/C on, if the compressor doesn't engage, that is a sign of very low or no refrigerant. It's a safety mechanism in the system that won't allow it to engage without proper levels of refrigerant and PAG oil.

2QuikTA

Addict
May 30, 2011
Glad your wife is ok

1) I'm glad the wifey is ok.

2) the only pic I can see, is one of the last ones where it is behind a Honduh accord. So going on that pic, and not seeing any front end damage (my guess is all damage is on the drivers side), tells me exactly why the airbags DIDN'T go off. Unless you have side curtain airbags (which I don't believe GMT800's had), the only time they'll go off is if you hit something with the front end and you compress it enough to trigger the sensor.

Where is [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] to point out how often airbags don’t go off? You’d be surprised!

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Agreed. A lot of people on some of my other GM forums always complain that their airbags didn't go off. Well, duh, you got hit in the rear! Or even if it is a frontal impact, many times the itty bitty sensor is located in the radiator core support area, which means a lot of impact that compromises the structure has to occur before the sensor is triggered.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
I feel your pain as my Marauder was wrecked by a drunk driver. So sorry you guys have to deal with this drunk POS who could care less about anyone. Glad to hear your wife is doing well. I almost declined treatment on site. I’m glad I did not. I have massive headaches everyday since amongst some few other ouchies that are lingering. I hope your wife feels better soon.

I’m a big believe in full frame vehicles being much safer in collisions.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I’m a big believe in full frame vehicles being much safer in collisions.

What’s the theory behind this? I always hear people talking about “my truck barely had a scratch and his car was destroyed” as if that’s a good thing. The reason cars look fucked after an accident isn’t because they are so flimsy compared to the truck, it’s them absorbing the impact instead of transmitting it directly into the vertebrae of the driver

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So the plot thickens and is un fucking believable.
I sent Angela an email and waiting to get her thoughts.

Schaumburg PD called the wife last night while I was at the Cubs game.
Apparently it wasnt the drunk kids fathers car it was his GF fathers car.
Now the GF and her father are claiming this kid stole the car from them.
Cop from Schaumburg said she is 1000000% sure its bullshit and will do everything in her power to not let that happen. The cop thinks by them doing that, it will not hold their insurance liable for the 3 cars he plowed in to.

Spectragod

Addict
Oct 13, 2010
Dayton Ohio
So the plot thickens and is un fucking believable.
I sent Angela an email and waiting to get her thoughts.

Schaumburg PD called the wife last night while I was at the Cubs game.
Apparently it wasnt the drunk kids fathers car it was his GF fathers car.
Now the GF and her father are claiming this kid stole the car from them.
Cop from Schaumburg said she is 1000000% sure its bullshit and will do everything in her power to not let that happen. The cop thinks by them doing that, it will not hold their insurance liable for the 3 cars he plowed in to.

It doesn’t matter, coverages are the same if the car was stolen, already been there and done that, get an attorney, sue the insurance, the GF father, for extra fun freeze all their assets......

In Ohio, we can’t sue the insurance, we have to sue the owner, but the insurance will have to provide an attorney for the dad.

Sounds like they are trying to say it’s stolen to absolve themselves of responsibility and put it on the driver, and to avoid being charged for giving a motor vehicle to a driver that is suspended. Daddy has an attorney he is talking to, my best advice is to do the same.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
It doesn’t matter, coverages are the same if the car was stolen, already been there and done that, get an attorney, sue the insurance, the GF father, for extra fun freeze all their assets......

In Ohio, we can’t sue the insurance, we have to sue the owner, but the insurance will have to provide an attorney for the dad.

Sounds like they are trying to say it’s stolen to absolve themselves of responsibility and put it on the driver, and to avoid being charged for giving a motor vehicle to a driver that is suspended. Daddy has an attorney he is talking to, my best advice is to do the same.
I just confirmed with my insurance that their insurance WILL NOT cover any damages if in fact it becomes a criminal matter. The police officer my wife spoke to last night said the same, but she also said she is going to do her best to make sure they dont go thru with that. I have liability, comp and under insured/no insurance coverage as well. Just filed a claim with my insurance company as well, but the guy handling the claim said the adjuster would have to make the determination if I'm covered in this particular situation. He said its a fine line on whats covered with under/no insurance coverage. If his insurance denies the claim I will hire an attorney and move forward. But in the mean time I hope my insurance picks it up to lessen the burden of dropping $5k-$8k for a new Tahoe or Yukon.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Damn son
20180619_171527.jpg20180619_171525.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
6/21 update
Allstate is accepting all liability for the accident. The father and daughter both said the BF stole the car, but both had 2 different stories, lol. Upon further questioning and I’m sure some threats to arrest the daughter for fraud she admitted she let him drive the car. So all of that was on the police report, Allstate could not deny liability after that,lol. Adjuster was at my house earlier today before we got the good news. He seems to think it’s repairable, I don’t see that happening. Rear passenger door hangs and rubs very bad when opening and closing and the 1/4 panel wasn’t hit. Drivers side front door does it as well but not nearly as bad and the front fender has no damage. Not an expert but that makes me think frame damage. So anyway it goes to my choice of body shop tomorrow and I get a rental until fixed or totaled out.

anything is technically repairable really...

full frame vehicles can be pulled and fixed and from a solid shop you'd have no idea the repair was ever performed.

that being said though, this sounds like allstate being allstate. they will fix anything and everything and try their best to fix anything and everything.

get it to the absolute best shop you can and possibly even make sure they aren't an "allstate shop"

back when i was in it- a-state would use some really questionable used parts... doors that needed 2-3 hours of repair before they even could be refinished and shit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info