• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

My car has a new Whine to it, and not the good kind

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
did you not read what i typed??

I HAD A SHORT THROW AND THEY WARRANTIED MINE.

your blowfish bracket doesnt doesnt mess with any internal parts.. just leave it on

I left the bracket on mine, but since I haven't had a COMPLETE failure yet, I fear they will just blame the Whine on the bracket. I didn't see the old service manager there, so hopefully things will still go smoothly. The service writer I got was some rude older guy.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
What problems are those? What gear do you have in the rear?

Can't hang up phone calls with steering wheel button
Top requires a small amount of 'manual alignment' for both sides to latch
Glove box doesn't latch smoothly, has to be slammed
Front suspension moans over bumps (known TSB, failing lower control arm bushings).

They claimed they couldn't replicate any of those issues.

Car has 3.31s

Trans also grinds going into second and third but only when near freezing temps... Of course they can't replicate that...

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Front suspension moans over bumps (known TSB, failing lower control arm bushings).

Car has 3.31s

Trans also grinds going into second and third but only when near freezing temps... Of course they can't replicate that...

I would put some good trans oil in it and see if that helps the grinding issue, hopefully we wont have near freezing temps again for a while after tonight though lol, what was your wine like just decell wine or all the time ive had a bit for a while but i was not nice to my car from day one im assuming its the rear end

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I would put some good trans oil in it and see if that helps the grinding issue, hopefully we wont have near freezing temps again for a while after tonight though lol, what was your wine like just decell wine or all the time ive had a bit for a while but i was not nice to my car from day one im assuming its the rear end

It was significantly louder in volume and had a nasty tone pitch under Decell.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010

Car has 3.31s

and now you know why it was traded in,

i would find a better dealer. In the mean time, i would lube (tiny bit of grease) the latch on the glove box to see if that helps.

put in good rear end fluid and trans fluid to see if that helps.

how much adjustment are we talking about on the vert top, 1" or less, if any more press the issue once you find a better dealer.

ive been told "we cant replicate that" so i showed them myself and had the problem occur, so they new exactally what was going wrong and why.

you might need to have the service writer guy take a ride with you to show them. techs arnt always willing to really look into stuff under warranty as they make less money on warranty stuff. :dunno:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
and now you know why it was traded in,

i would find a better dealer. In the mean time, i would lube (tiny bit of grease) the latch on the glove box to see if that helps.

put in good rear end fluid and trans fluid to see if that helps.

how much adjustment are we talking about on the vert top, 1" or less, if any more press the issue once you find a better dealer.

ive been told "we cant replicate that" so i showed them myself and had the problem occur, so they new exactally what was going wrong and why.

you might need to have the service writer guy take a ride with you to show them. techs arnt always willing to really look into stuff under warranty as they make less money on warranty stuff. :dunno:

I don't mind the little stuff to be honest, still LOVE the car, I still think I'm just sour about the back to back experience between Mini and Ford.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info