YouTube Motortrend: 2016 Chevrolet SS Sedan (The New Benchmark Sport Sedan)

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
quartermile-at-a-time.jpg

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
But yes, having lived with both manual and automatic cars, manual>auto. And that preference has absolutely no objective values to back it up, rather than I feel more engaged in the drive and experience. I have no doubt that autos are now more consistent, faster, and easier than ever, but it still doesn't detract from that fact I'd rather perform my own heel and toe downshifts, use my left leg to depress a clutch, and my right hand to row some sort of H pattern

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
with you driving your evo.. probably run low 11s.

put an auto in it.. probably run 9s.

just saying

by the way.. i for one approved of your automatic supra :)

If I put actual effort into making the car go fast down the 1/4, it would run 9s. Even just fucking around, itll run a into the 10s with practice.

I'm not as shitty w/ that car as I let on.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
But yes, having lived with both manual and automatic cars, manual>auto. And that preference has absolutely no objective values to back it up, rather than I feel more engaged in the drive and experience. I have no doubt that autos are now more consistent, faster, and easier than ever, but it still doesn't detract from that fact I'd rather perform my own heel and toe downshifts, use my left leg to depress a clutch, and my right hand to row some sort of H pattern

100% agree. I pay more attention driving my Mustang than my Infiniti due to having a manual. There's satisfaction to perfectly executing a heal and toe downshift.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info