Woodsticks, IL
EU62VjFTWapZnZuj1HOl_A%20Visual%20Guide%20to%20Cannabis%20Quantities.png

Awesome :rofl:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Definitely. Eighth is 3.5 grams while an ounce is 28 grams. I would say im a moderate user and i can make an eighth last 2 weeks doing it everyday. So an ounce would be like 4 months worth lol

My younger brother EASILY goes through a quarter in a week....

An ounce for him is easily an amount for "personal consumption" where as some people would say it's too much.... I guess that's where I have the question about it.

To me, an ounce isn't much at all and I haven't smoked in a decade. Literally everyone I know still smokes up on occasion though, some of them a quarter lasts them months, some go through that in a week no problem. To me, anything an ounce or less would be a good place to start.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

And using the picture as an example, the stuff at the bottom is wax/shatter/dabs/etc. which is extremely concentrated weed. I don't know how they would then regulate concentrates.

I think that concentrates net you like 15-20% based off how much you run. So a pound of weed would net like 75'ish grams.... So you have 450+ grams worth of weed concentrated down to 75 grams.

So do you punish the people who do dabs based on weight or the amount of weight it would have been if it were still weed?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
My younger brother EASILY goes through a quarter in a week....

An ounce for him is easily an amount for "personal consumption" where as some people would say it's too much.... I guess that's where I have the question about it.

To me, an ounce isn't much at all and I haven't smoked in a decade. Literally everyone I know still smokes up on occasion though, some of them a quarter lasts them months, some go through that in a week no problem. To me, anything an ounce or less would be a good place to start.

I could get behind that I think - being completely unaware of the habit or what's normal - other than the picture posted and your feedback right here.

And using the picture as an example, the stuff at the bottom is wax/shatter/dabs/etc. which is extremely concentrated weed. I don't know how they would then regulate concentrates.

I think that concentrates net you like 15-20% based off how much you run. So a pound of weed would net like 75'ish grams.... So you have 450+ grams worth of weed concentrated down to 75 grams.

So do you punish the people who do dabs based on weight or the amount of weight it would have been if it were still weed?

I don't think you could sell an equivalent amount of a "dab" to = or < an ounce of pot, so you're right its a tricky question. But I also believe that this concept of legalizing should only pertain to the "lighter varieties" of available drugs. I don't think I'm suggesting you make heroin or cocaine legal.... but I mean, maybe even that at some quantity can be tolerated. I don't know.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I could get behind that I think - being completely unaware of the habit or what's normal - other than the picture posted and your feedback right here.

I don't think you could sell an equivalent amount of a "dab" to = or < an ounce of pot, so you're right its a tricky question. But I also believe that this concept of legalizing should only pertain to the "lighter varieties" of available drugs. I don't think I'm suggesting you make heroin or cocaine legal.... but I mean, maybe even that at some quantity can be tolerated. I don't know.

if you read the portugal stuff i posted - that is indeed what they have done.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

I agree completely that we need to take this a step at a time. I would say legalizing marijuana and basing it off Colorado's laws would be a huge step in the right direction.

Recreational use is on the ballot in California this November and I don't think there's any way it doesn't pass. Once that happens in California I think the dominos are falling and it'll spread quickly from there.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Portugal is just fully decriminalized though right? Decriminalized doesn't equal legal, but I think looking at what they've done is a great place to start.

the full details are in the prior links. it's definitely not legal, but it's more of a slap on the wrist kind of thing. fair to equate to a jaywalking or speeding ticket i suppose.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
re: our discussion of where morals come from - and the claim it is religion

there appears to be a fair amount of research that says animals have morals - so why not us without religion?
Frans de Waal: Moral behavior in animals

if you look up how the drug war disproportionately affects blacks, you will find a whole lot of reading material as well.

how has portugal decriminalization gone?
14 Years After Decriminalizing All Drugs, Here's What Portugal Looks Like
Why hardly anyone dies from a drug overdose in Portugal
most recent: Portugal’s Drug Experiment: Tackling Heroin Addiction By Decriminalizing Drugs And Focusing On Health

Indeed an interesting outcome. I wonder how something like this takes foot in America.

Decriminalizing Drugs in Portugal a Success, Says Report - TIME

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Indeed an interesting outcome. I wonder how something like this takes foot in America.

Decriminalizing Drugs in Portugal a Success, Says Report - TIME

IMO, it's already starting. Once you get another big state or two to legalize marijuana, and they finally come to grips that the "war on drugs" was a colossal waste of time and money they may work that angle eventually. I don't see the US doing it in one fell swoop though. I'm guessing it'll start with marijuana and possibly go from there.

Thread Info