Meet @ Eagle's: Debate club #2, or just camp fire it up - 7/8

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Thanks to all that came out. Convos tonight we're pretty damn good, IMO. Bigger crowd tonight for sure.

Hopefully no one objects to the unknown fact that the object we used for a large portion of the night to give the right to speak was a tool to build AR-15s. Maybe some will see the irony in that :D

Anyhow, ask Angela why the 19th ammendment exists.

Also, we decided tonight that indiscriminate amounts of pot should be legalized to remove the unfair bias that statistically presents itself against young black males.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
nice meeting you guys too, it was fun. some infos:

it doesn't appear that there were ever irish american slaves -
Let's Squash the Myth That the Irish Were Ever American Slaves
Debunking the imagery of the “Irish slaves” meme
i mentioned it last night and unsurprisingly some of the images in the latter link are indeed found on stormfront...

fyi if you are wondering where the compliance rate for the australian gun ban came from there are a couple notes in this article
Australia’s Gun 'Buyback' Created a Violent Firearms Black Market. Why Should the U.S. Do the Same?

here is a long read on some gallup polls on views on violence and in the targeting of civilians
Views of Violence
note it lists 'americans are the most likely to say military attacks targeting civilians are sometimes justified'

looking at americans alone, there's this one asked similarly
Most Muslim Americans See No Justification for Violence

with military committing the act - note the christians are much more ready to accept this than mulsims or atheists
njiym7x7nkuh2cnawawxka.gif

with individuals committing the act of violence it is rejected much more often
gfhduttxaueh0crpgmnwna.gif

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
re: our discussion of where morals come from - and the claim it is religion

there appears to be a fair amount of research that says animals have morals - so why not us without religion?
Frans de Waal: Moral behavior in animals

if you look up how the drug war disproportionately affects blacks, you will find a whole lot of reading material as well.

how has portugal decriminalization gone?
14 Years After Decriminalizing All Drugs, Here's What Portugal Looks Like
Why hardly anyone dies from a drug overdose in Portugal
most recent: Portugal’s Drug Experiment: Tackling Heroin Addiction By Decriminalizing Drugs And Focusing On Health

It's funny how people respond differently to "It's against the law to do drugs" vice "It's legal, go ahead and use them and see what happens." Telling people not to do a thing results in them sneaking around and trying them and the other scares people to think better of it. Guess it could also be attributed to "We trust that you will make the right decision" and that's all most people need anyway.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Did sickmint tape the entire thing and take notes? :rofl:

I'm tired of always missing these things, I'll be taking time off work if needed to make the next one!

Define indiscriminate amounts of weed..... I haven't partaken in over a decade at this point and I say just legalize it and tax it.... What difference does it make if a guy has an eighth or an ounce really?

I was always told to bring something to the guests house when you're invited, I'm totally going to have to give Dan a box of ammo or something. :bowrofl:

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
That'd be awesome! Hahaha!

Anyhow, I think (and I wouldn't know the difference between an 8th or an ounce if it bit me in the ass) you're drawing a distinction between a suitable quantity for personal consumption vs an amount suitable for distribution.

Definitely. Eighth is 3.5 grams while an ounce is 28 grams. I would say im a moderate user and i can make an eighth last 2 weeks doing it everyday. So an ounce would be like 4 months worth lol

Thread Info