• 🚨 TCG is experiencing a case of the Sundays. Working on a getting things running faster again. - Mook

McLaren P1 - 2.6 0-60, 9.8@148

I do have a small bit of a rant. The P1 exacerbated my point. 0-60 is an overly false number. How many people do you know launch their car at any stop light w/o prep?
A better comparison would be 5-60, or 5-70. This shows power band a bit better, and not who's computer launch control is better.

It's like launching a 2.0L on a 70mm turbo. If you launch it at 8.5k rpm, you're off like a rocket, but you have no power until at least 7k rpm if you start at 5mph.

For drag racing applications where you're going to the strip, ok, the numbers are good, but a little more real world number would be nice.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I do have a small bit of a rant. The P1 exacerbated my point. 0-60 is an overly false number. How many people do you know launch their car at any stop light w/o prep?

A better comparison would be 5-60, or 5-70. This shows power band a bit better, and not who's computer launch control is better.

It's like launching a 2.0L on a 70mm turbo. If you launch it at 8.5k rpm, you're off like a rocket, but you have no power until at least 7k rpm if you start at 5mph.

For drag racing applications where you're going to the strip, ok, the numbers are good, but a little more real world number would be nice.

It's an idea of what the car is capable of and how it makes it's power. This car is amazing because it combines all the new technology in 1 vehicle. It has the electric for short quiet city driving... Then with a touch of a button it's loud and racing using the electric motors to fill in the shift gaps and while the turbos are spooling. I think the numbers are pretty real world. Esp with tires designed for the vehicle, launch control, and the cars air dampening system

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Me.

:rofl:

But honestly this is true for any 0-60 numbers and why many cars are set up purely for it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info