• 🚨 TCG is experiencing a case of the Sundays. Working on a getting things running faster again. - Mook

McLaren P1 - 2.6 0-60, 9.8@148

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
GLD Timebooth: Sir, you need to have a parachute next time you go down the track.

And Driveshaft saftey loop, roll bar, engine diaper, and SPEC trans housings.... :jg:

I tried egging my mother and father in laws into bringing their corvette out to the dragstrip next year, and he reminded me that he couldn't (Convertible 14 427 Vette *the Z06 Convertible*). Those rules shouldn't apply to OEM cars IMO...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
And Driveshaft saftey loop, roll bar, engine diaper, and SPEC trans housings.... :jg:

I tried egging my mother and father in laws into bringing their corvette out to the dragstrip next year, and he reminded me that he couldn't (Convertible 14 427 Vette *the Z06 Convertible*). Those rules shouldn't apply to OEM cars IMO...

why couldn't he?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
And? Was he planning on going to rt66? If not, who gives a shit. Run car. Enjoy.

I think he really just doesn't want to run the car, I think he just likes owning it and doesn't really want to beat on it. Gorgeous car though outside of the roof color choice (Car is dark blue, came with dark blue soft top, I would have liked the black top more).

:werd:

GLD has been lax as shit from my experiences...

My experience was the opposite at the end of the season. I pulled up in the Mustang and he saw the temp tags and the first thing out of his mouth was "You got a Helmet right?".

I thought Byron was known as being the most Lax?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I think he really just doesn't want to run the car, I think he just likes owning it and doesn't really want to beat on it. Gorgeous car though outside of the roof color choice (Car is dark blue, came with dark blue soft top, I would have liked the black top more).

My experience was the opposite at the end of the season. I pulled up in the Mustang and he saw the temp tags and the first thing out of his mouth was "You got a Helmet right?".

I thought Byron was known as being the most Lax?

So he is in the 99% majority of vette owners is what you said...

and also- how is asking if you have a helmet a strict thing :rofl:

that's been typically the extent of my tech at gld- "you have a helmet?" "neat" , "do you know where to start to slow down?" "cool" go.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
So he is in the 99% majority of vette owners is what you said...

and also- how is asking if you have a helmet a strict thing :rofl:

that's been typically the extent of my tech at gld- "you have a helmet?" "neat" , "do you know where to start to slow down?" "cool" go.

He is a really cool guy, and likes to talk a bit of smack (that his vette would run circles around my mustang... Make no mistake it would), so I want him to come out to some sort of car venue. Maybe I'll convince him to bring it to a meet this year.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Sweet Jesus

9ypeqyjy.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info