Massive data breach at Equifax

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
So do we go somewhere to hand in all our identifying info, social security number, and any other info? So we get issued new info? :picard:

Ted Kaczynski?

I have been watching the series about him on Discovery. Interesting to see how it went down and so on. 5 stars for sure.

But he is like many who feel technology is a bad thing. At times I think so as well. haha

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I was going to say... At some point in time, does it really matter?

In this digital age, someone has your info already. You can do all the LifeLock's, credit reporting, etc, all you want, but if someone really wants your info... It's out there. It doesn't have to be from one database either.

If you put your birthdate in here, all some shrewd hacker has to do is cross reference the email used.

I'm just saying that there's not a whole hell of a lot you can do. Just monitor your stuff.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Finally just checked this. Yup. They say I "may" have been impacted. :rollpicard:

BOA did just send me a brand new card a couple weeks ago w/ a new number. Maybe they knew already and were looking out for me better than these asshats. They do a pretty good job of keeping things locked down. Any time i try to order anything off cdkeys or anything like that it always get denied the first time until I approve it :rofl:

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I already signed up for their monitoring since it was free anyway. Says I "may have been compromised" as well.

I don't worry about credit cards. Any single charge made I get an instant text message. Bank stuff is a different story. I May change everything up just to be safe

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Bank stuff is a different story. I May change everything up just to be safe

If youre using a bank that doesnt cover you for identity theft you have bigger issues in life.

Had my shit stolen at least 3 times in life, NFG, just go in sign the forms saying the charges werent mine, bank account is back to balance and new card issued.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
If youre using a bank that doesnt cover you for identity theft you have bigger issues in life.

Had my shit stolen at least 3 times in life, NFG, just go in sign the forms saying the charges werent mine, bank account is back to balance and new card issued.

Well yea of course. But I just meant with the credit cards I have an instant notification and can catch stuff immediately. I'm sure my bank has it too..... I really need to look into it. Lol

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
As much as Chase sometimes frustrates me with little things, they too are pretty good about questioning me on potential fraudulent activities. Many times I have received texts asking me if a recent charge made was legitimate. So they do know patterns and places and things you purchase a lot of and something outside of it, raises red flags.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

Existing credit cards are one thing. Identity theft is something altogether different. Wait till someone opens a new credit card in your name that you know nothing about. Until you apply for a loan and see you have all kinds of late payments and account balances. Or you have a large loan you don't know about or why it is past due. Or someone takes out a loan for property. Those things are a lot more than signing a piece of paper to fix.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Well yea of course. But I just meant with the credit cards I have an instant notification and can catch stuff immediately. I'm sure my bank has it too..... I really need to look into it. Lol

It is a nice thing to have. You can usually customize it for texts/emails over a set dollar amount, places like gas stations, and so on. It does get annoying at times. But I know it is probably going to save me a lot of trouble some day. lol

I am one who also watches my account balances just about daily and check my credit score weekly since it is a good sign of issues. With apps on your phone, it is easy to do. Also checking my credit score once a year for free is interesting. Mainly to see all the "soft" credit checks done.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
giphy.gif

G79EzaJ.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Or someone takes out a loan for property. Those things are a lot more than signing a piece of paper to fix.
So speaking of this and getting a little off topic. How the fuck do guys get away with this? I have both legal and illegal Mexican dudes I work with. 2 of the illegal Mexican dudes both own houses and have car notes. 1 of them has like 5 credit cards and is very very good at paying all his bills on time so whoever's info he uses must love him, lol. The other dude NFG about paying bills late. I dont see how they can get loans for homes, considering all the hoops I had to jump thru 15 years ago to get a loan for my house

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
So speaking of this and getting a little off topic. How the fuck do guys get away with this? I have both legal and illegal Mexican dudes I work with. 2 of the illegal Mexican dudes both own houses and have car notes. 1 of them has like 5 credit cards and is very very good at paying all his bills on time so whoever's info he uses must love him, lol. The other dude NFG about paying bills late. I dont see how they can get loans for homes, considering all the hoops I had to jump thru 15 years ago to get a loan for my house

May have a spouse/kid or something that all their shit is under. EIN/TIN won't let you get bank accts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info